How to Move Text Message to New Phone
No matter how much messenger apps come our way, the traditional way of exchanging messages will never lose their place. We understand how important your text messages are, specifically when one is changing their phone. While shifting from one phone to another, be it iPhone or Android, moving text messages becomes a big question for many users. Considering this fact, we are here to explain you how you can move text messages to new phone. We will teach you methods for different phones. So, without delaying anymore, let us get to the point.
From iPhone to iPhone
When it comes to transferring of messages between iPhones, the best method you can ever get to know is Tenorshare iTransGo. It is the simplest tool that one can use it without the assistance of any technical experts. Moreover, it can be operated on Mac and Windows computers without any issues. It has the potential to work with all iOS devices and transfer the data from one iPhone to another effortlessly. The hassle-free way of migrating data, intuitive design and one-click operation functionalities make this tool stand out from others. Here are the steps that help you to move text messages to new iPhone from the old one.
How to move text messages to new iPhone from old iPhone via iTransGo
Step 1 – Firstly, launch Tenorshare iTransGo after successful installation on your respective computers. Now, connect the two iPhones with the USB cables to the PC.
Step 2 – When the devices get connected positively, check them on the interface. If you want to change the source and target device, you can click on the Flip button in between the devices. After taking actions as per the needs, hit on ‘Next’.
Step 3 – Your data will be read by the program and it will bring the contents on the screen. You can check the box next to ‘messages’ and can see how much the target device will take space for the messages. Click on ‘Start Transfer’ and wait for the completion of the process.
When your source and target device both are Android and you want to move messages between them, the app called SMS Backup+ is going to help you. With the help of this app, you can backup or restore SMS databases. Also, it can help in setting automatic backup too. The steps are:
- Get the source device and login to Gmail. Go to ‘Settings’ >; ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ >; ‘Enable IMAP’ >; ‘Save Changes’.
- Now, install the app on both the phones. From the source Android, open the app and tap ‘Connect’. Choose the same Gmail account and authorize the app so that SMS will be backed up to Gmail. Tap ‘backup’ then.
- Launch the app on the target device now and tap ‘Connect’. Choose Gmail account as in the previous step. Hit on ‘Restore’ and you’re done.
From Android to iPhone
If you wish to move messages to new iPhone from an Android device, the app that can help you will be ‘Move to iOS’. It is the app that lets you transfer various contents from an Android phone to iPhone. However, you can’t get your apps, music or any of your passwords transferred via this app. let’s get to know how this app works.
How to move messages to new iPhone from Android Device via Move to iOS
- First of all, you are required to setup your fresh iPhone. When you come to the ‘Apps & Data’ screen, pick out ‘Move Data from Android’ option.
- Get your Android phone and download Move to iOS from Play Store. Launch it and tap on ‘Continue’.
- Tap ‘Agree’ followed by ‘Next’.
- Now, tap ‘Continue’ on iPhone and look for the 10-digit code on it. Enter the same code in Android device and let the devices connected.
- Select the messages option now and tap ‘Next’. Your messages will begin to move on the iPhone. Once completed, tap on ‘Done’.
The doubts like “how to move text messages to new phone” while planning to buy or after buying a new phone are sometimes bothersome. And we hope that we’ve made your doubts solved and made your task easier than before. Now, you know what to do to transfer messages from one device to another no matter on what operating system it is running. Also, you shouldn’t forget to use Tenorshare iTransGo. whenever you’re in need of transferring contents between iOS devices. It is the most reliable and convenient tool that promises a trouble-free and super simple process. Concluding the topic, hope you found it helpful.