Ultimate Guide: How to Backup LINE PC to Google Drive?
LINE is a popular instant messaging apps used widely across different countries of the world. However, many users find it difficult to back up their LINE chat history to Google Drive. As Google Drive is one of the most-used cloud solutions in the world, users want to store all their backups on it.
In this article, we discuss how to backup LINE PC to Google Drive. Plus, we also discuss how you can backup your LINE chats from Android and iOS to Google Drive. So, sit tight and read on.
- Part 1: How to Backup LINE PC to Google Drive?
- Part 2: How to Backup LINE Chat Android to Google Drive?
- Part 3: How to Backup LINE Chat iPhone to Google Drive?
Part 1: How to Backup LINE PC to Google Drive?
The method to backup LINE PC to Google Drive is comparatively more complex when compared to Android backups. That’s because there’s no option to upload to Google Drive within the LINE desktop application. However, there are two easy-to-follow methods you can use to backup LINE to Google Drive.
Must-read before you start:
- You need to have a LINE backup file ready to be uploaded.
- To extract your LINE backup file, you can either go to the LINE PC app and export your chat in a text format, or you can transfer the LINE backup file from your phone to the PC using a data cable.
When you have the backup file or text file, follow any of the two methods mentioned below.
Way 1: Backup LINE Chat from PC via Google Drive Website
The first method you can use is through the Google Drive website. Navigate to the official Google Drive web app on your web browser. Then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure you're logged into Google Drive using your Google account. If not, then do login.
- Make sure you have enough storage space in your Google Drive to accommodate the backup file.
- Click "Upload" on the left side of Google Drive's homepage, then select to upload a file or folder where your LINE backup is located.
- Locate the file on your PC and select it. The uploading process will begin.
Depending on the size of your backup file, the upload process can take a varying amount of time. Wait for the process to complete.
After the upload is complete, you're good to go.
Way 2: Backup LINE Chat from PC Via Google Drive Folder
The second method you can use to backup LINE PC to Google Drive is through the Google Drive desktop application. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it.
- Download Google Drive's desktop client from the official download page.
- Install the application by following the setup instructions.
- You will see a new drive appear in the "My PC" section of your Windows File Explorer, named Google Drive.
- Copy the LINE backup file located on your PC.
- Paste the copied LINE backup file into the Google Drive folder.
Wait for the upload to complete. You will see a checkmark next to the file name when the upload is done.
Your backup file has been uploaded to Google Drive successfully.
Part 2: How to Backup LINE Chat Android to Google Drive?
Backing up your LINE chats from Android to Google Drive is pretty easy. It’s a quick, few-step process you can complete in a couple of minutes.
Just follow the below-mentioned steps and you’re good to go.
- Make sure your Android device is logged in with the correct Google account you want to backup on.
- Open the LINE application and tap “Home”.
- Select "Settings", and then go to “Chats”.
- From the page that appears, select “Backup and restore to Google Drive”.
Your chat history will begin uploading to Google Drive automatically. Wait for the process to complete.
When the upload is complete, your chat history is successfully backed up to Google Drive.
Part 3: How to Backup LINE Chat iPhone to Google Drive?
Google Drive is not the clouds storage solution on iPhones and other Apple devices. Hence, there's no direct way to backup LINE chat iPhone to Google Drive.
However, lucky for you, Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE is a great tool for this purpose. Not only can it back up and restore chats for LINE, but it can also transfer line chats between Android and iPhone. Using this handy tool, you can backup LINE chat on PC(free to use) to Goole Drive from your iPhone, with utmost ease.
Here's how it works.
Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE by clicking the button above.
Launch iCareFone for LINE. Select “Backup” and connect your iPhone to the computer. Now check your device information and click on “Back Up Now”.
Now iCareFone for LINE is backing up your LINE data.
Within several seconds, the backup will be completed successfully. Now select “View Backup”.
You will see the backup data. Now we need to select all the data and click on “Export to computer”.
Now choose a folder to store this backup file and click on “OK”.
Now open the Google Drive application in your browser. Select to upload a new folder to Google Drive.
Select the LINE backup file generated by Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE, and wait for the upload to complete. Alternatively, you can also use the Google Drive for Desktop application if it’s installed on your PC.
At this point, your LINE chats have been successfully backed up to Google Drive.
There you go. These are the up-to-date methods you can use to back up LINE PC to Google Drive with ease. If you'd like to avoid the hassles of manually uploading, downloading, and restoring files, simply use Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE to backup LINE chat from PC and you won't regret it.