Quick Help: How to Fix iPhone 12 Freezes When Texting
by Sophie Green Updated on 2020-11-12 / Update for iPhone Fix
Why is my IPhone 12 freezing when sending text messages. I have deleted a lot of old text messages. I also reset my keyboard as suggested in an older post. NOT loving this new phone☹️????
Many iPhone 12 users have reported that their iPhones 12 freezing every time they text. While texting, the screen becomes unresponsive and you cannot receive or send calls, or messages or use any other app until you restart or reset it. It is a very common issue and can cause a lot of disturbance and irritation if not fixed on time. If you are having the same issue where your iPhone 12 was stucked during typing, then this guide is meant for you. It will lay out 6 simple methods to solve this problem that you can do while sitting at home.
- Why Does My iPhone 12 Freeze during Texting?
- Explore the Proper Ways to Fix iPhone Keyboard Freezes When Texting
- Quick Help to Fix My iPhone Freezes When I Get a Text
- People Ask Delayed Freezes Phone When Texting iPhone
Why Does My iPhone 12 Freeze during Texting?
Generally, many reasons can lead to the issue of my iPhone freezes when I text like insufficient space in iPhone, any glitch in system software or Messages app, or outdated iOS.
Explore the Proper Ways to Fix iPhone Keyboard Freezes When Texting
We know that every issue has a solution and so does the problem of my iPhone freezes when I get a text. Read the next paragraphs to find some common way outs to fix this issue.
Way 1: Force Quit the Program You're Using
More often than not, a particular app or program becomes unresponsive and leads to freezing iPhone screen. So, you have to force quit such apps.
On iPhones 8 or earlier, double click the Home Button to bring the App switcher interface. Now, flick up the app you want to force quit.
- For iPhonex and later versions, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone Home Screen and then lightly push in the middle of the screen and navigate to the app you want to force quit and swipe it up.
Way 2: Check the Keyboard Settings
Sometimes, there is a faulty setting of built-in keyboard of message app and you have to customize it. To do that:
- Go to Settings and then open General. Here, scroll down to Keyboard.
Now, check and customize the keyboard settings using the toggler in front of each option.
Way 3: Remove 3rd-party Keyboard and Re-install
Another method of fixing this issue is by removing 3rd-party keyboard and then installing it back. To delete a third-party keyboard:
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards and then tap on Edit.
- Now slide the toggler in front of the keyboard you want to delete and then tap Done and it will be removed.
After that, reinstall the required keyboard from the App Store.
Way 4: Free up iPhone's Storage
Many times, freezing and behavior problems can occur when iPhone storage is full. So, if your iPhone screen freezes up when texting, then you should free up some space in your iPhone by deleting unimportant files, media, and apps. It will resolve your issue.
Way 5: Fix iPhone X Freezes When Texting by Force Restart
Another common method to troubleshoot this issue is by restarting your iPhone. Follow the below steps corresponding to your iPhone version to force restart it:
- For iPhone 8 to iPhone 12, firstly, press ‘Volume up’ and then ‘Volume Down’ buttons and then press and hold the ‘Power’ key until Apple logo appears on the screen. you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- For iPhone 7 or 7 plus, press and hold the ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Power’ power keys simultaneously for a few seconds until Apple logo is visible.
For iPhone 6 and earlier iPhone models, press and hold the ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ buttons together till you see Apple logo on the screen.
Way 6: Solve My iPhone Freezes When I Text through iTunes
As a last resort, you should restore your iPhone using iTunes. Before restoring your iPhone, firstly backup your data using iCloud and iTunes and then restore it. After backing up data:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone with it. Now, select your iPhone from the Devices menu and then click on ‘Restore’ in the Summary panel.
Now, iTunes will ask you to confirm the action. Click on ‘Restore’ to continue the process. It will remove all the data from your iPhone and your issue will be solved.
Quick Help to Fix My iPhone Freezes When I Get a Text
The aforementioned six ways might not work for many users so the best alternative to these methods is Tenorshare ReiBoot. You can easily fix the issue of iPhone freezing using Repair Operating System feature of Tenorshare ReiBoot. This tool locates the root problem of the issue and resolves it once and for all. So, to repair your iPhone:
Open Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer. After connecting iOS device, select ‘Repair Operating System’.
Now, click on ‘Fix Now’ to initiate the repairing procedure on your iPhone.
Then, the software will automatically detect the latest firmware package corresponding to your iPhone version. Select a location on your computer and click on Download.
Now, click on ‘Repair Now’ once the firmware is downloaded. The software will repair your iPhone in a couple of minutes and your issue will be fixed.
To sum up, this article provided 6 easy way outs to the rising problem of iPhone keyboard freezes when texting. However, majority of Apple users recommend to use Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix this issue as its user-friendly interface and high-reliability enable you to fix this issue conveniently. So, whenever your iPhone screen freezes, read out this article and solve it by yourself.
People Ask Delayed Freezes Phone When Texting iPhone
Q1: Reasons of Apple iPhone screen freezes up when texting?
Insufficient space in iPhone, any glitch in system software or Messages app, or outdated iOS can cause iPhone screen freezing when texting.
Q2: How to unfreeze iPhone freezes up when texting?
You can use six methods to unfreeze iPhone which are:
- Free up storage in iPhone
- Force restart your iPhone
- Force quit the app you are using
- Restore iPhone using iTunes
- Check keyboard settings
- Remove the third-party Keyboard and re-install it