Emails Disppeared from iPhone? How to Fix 2023
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2022-08-23 / Update for iPhone Fix
Having lost important emails is indeed something that would make almost anyone anxious and thus you have to look at methods to fix the problem and show all the missing emails. In this article we will first look at some of the causes, and then learn to solve emails disappearing from inbox iphone.
- Part 1: Why Emails Disppearing from Inbox iPhone
- Part 2: 6 Ways to Fix Emails Disppeared from iPhone
Part 1: Why Emails Disppearing from Inbox iPhone
To understand why emails disappeared from iPhone in the first place is very essential. The following are some of the common causes of this issue.
- You do not set the mail settings properly.
- There are some sudden problems of the Mail app or your iPhone.
- You have not updated your iPhones software for a while.
- There are some iOS system problems on your iPhones.
Part 2: 6 Ways to Fix Emails Disppeared from iPhone
We now have 6 fixes at our disposal which can be used to fix missing emails on iPhone.
1. Restart iPhone
First of all, a lost of times, when our iPhones are stuck, lagging suddenly, or iPhone does not fetch new mails, a simply restart can fix it. After that, you will not ask yourself wht all my emails gone iPhone.
- For iPhone 8 and later – press and quickly release volume up and down buttons turn by turn. Then long press the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus – Press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously.
For iPhone 6 or older – The buttons are the home button and power button.
2. Edit Options in Mailboxes
The inboxes are grouped by categories like All Inboxes, All Sent, Unread, etc. If some of the group are disappeared, then see if you have mistakenly hide them in mailboxes. And to fix inbox disappeared on iPhone in this situation, tick the option and show it again.
- Open Mail app, and in the Mailboxes page, tap on Edit on the top right.
All the shown inboxes are checked. Find the missing ones, and tick it, then tap on Done.
3. Change Mail Days to Sync to No Limit
Your iPhone's inbox may only include emails that have been synced within the previous 30 days using your Mail app. So you will find the older emails disappeared. Just setting the Mail Days to no limit.
- Open Settings > Mail. Then go to Accounts and tap on your account.
Scroll down and look for Mail days to sync. In the options, choose No Limit.
4. Delete and Add Mail Account Again
If the emails disappear from inbox iPhone problem has not been resolved yet despite all the efforts, try to delete and add mail account back again. (This works for mail account except iCloud.)
- Open Settings > Mail > Accounts. From the available options, select your email account.
- Turn off and then turn on the Mail option for the first try.
If not working, then tap on Delete Account to remove it.
- Then tap on Add Account and enter your mail credentials again.
5. Update iOS Software to Latest
If the emails disappearing from iphone problem is caused by a bug in the iOS, it would not be resolved by any of the methods explained above. A pending iOS update is likely to resolve this problem as Apple consistently rolls out updates addressing problems. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. Check and install the latest iOS version.
6. Fix with ReiBoot
If there were no recent updates, then you can use Tenorshare ReiBoot to repair your current iOS version. Fix your iOS so the problems just go away, and missing emails on iPhone will never happen again.
Related Read: Mail App not Working after update
Download and run ReiBoot on your computer. After that, connect iPhone to it. Then click Start to begin.
To avoid data loss, click on Standard Repair to go on.
Then click Download to download the firmware package. After the repair process, your iPhone will be updated tothe latest iOS system.
Start Standard Repair. It takes some time. Wait for it to complete.
Your iPhone will restart and your problems will be solved.
Emails disappeared from iPhone remains a very common problem among iPhone users. If you are one of the affected people, follow through all the explained methods in order. One of these will work for you. And if the problem is lated to iOS system bugs, we recommend using Tenorshare ReiBoot to repair it.