iPhone 14 Stuck on Recovery Mode? 3 Reasons and 5 Solutions
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2022-09-16 / Update for iPhone 14
The iPhone 14 series has finally been released — and it packs a punch. It’s a super exciting day when you finally get your hands on your preferred iPhone 14 model. However, the joy could turn to ashes in your mouth if you face an unexpected issue with your new device.
One of those issues that users have been reporting is the iPhone stuck on recovery mode issue where the iTunes symbol or a computer icon keep showing on the black screen. If you’ve also faced it, you might be looking for possible fixes. In this post, we’re going to fully explain how to get out of iPhone recovery mode — let’s get started.
- Part 1: iPhone 14 Stuck on Recovery Mode? 3 Main Reasons Here
- Part 2: How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode?
- FAQs about iPhone Recovery Mode
Part 1: iPhone 14 Stuck on Recovery Mode? 3 Main Reasons Here
The recovery mode allows you to update or restore an iPhone to its factory state. It’s normally used to fully wipe out the existing iOS installation and start from scratch. However, sometimes the iPhone can get stuck in recovery mode unexpectedly.
If you’re wondering why is my iPhone stuck on recovery mode, there could be a few possible explanations — and here they are.
- There’s an issue in your iPhone’s operating system, causing the restore to get interrupted and stopping your iPhone from exiting the recovery mode.
- You were installing an update and it failed due to iPhone storage being full, update files being corrupted, or improper update procedures, result in iPhone being stuck on recovery mode.
- You may also get stuck in the recovery mode screen due to hardware damage or low battery.
Now that you know the possible causes, let’s talk about how to fix the iPhone 14 stuck on recovery mode issue.
Part 2: How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode?
Depending on the reason why you’re facing the iPhone 14 stuck on recovery mode issue, different fixes would be applicable. Without any delay, let’s talk about how to get out of iPhone recovery mode.
- Solution 1: Force Restart to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode
- Solution 2: One Click to Exit iPhone Recovery Mode (Recommended)
- Solution 3: Get out of iPhone Recovery Mode with iTunes/Finder
- Solution 4: Fix iPhone 14 Stuck in Recovery Mode by Entering into DFU Mode
- Solution 5: Contact Apple Support to Fix iPhone Stuck on Recovery Mode
Solution 1: Force Restart to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode
The first thing you must try to sort out the iPhone stuck on restore screen issue is to force restart the iPhone. Doing so often fixes general iPhone stuck issues that happen due to minor glitches and bugs. Here’s how to get iPhone out of recovery mode by forcing it to restart. Be sure to perform the below steps in quick succession.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 2: One Click to Exit iPhone Recovery Mode (Recommended)
One of the major reasons why your iPhone 14 stuck on recovery mode is faulty iOS upgrade. We know that sounds hard to fix, but it’s actually really with a proper tool by your side, Tenorshare ReiBoot to be exact.
Key Features of Tenorshare ReiBoot
- Enter and exit iPhone recovery mode.
- Fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo/black or white screen/boot loop.
- Sort out extensive battery drain or laggy system UI.
- Get rid of other system-level bugs and issues.
How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode with One-Click
Exiting the recovery mode with ReiBoot is super simple. Just follow the steps below.
Download and install ReiBoot on your computer — then open it.
Connect your device to the computer and then select “Exit Recovery Mode”.
Wait for a bit for the process to complete, and you’re good to go!
Solution 3: Get out of iPhone Recovery Mode with iTunes/Finder
The third solution is to use iTunes or Finder to fix iPhone 14 stuck on recovery mode. Be noted that this will erase all of your data that you haven’t backed up.
If you’re okay with that, let’s talk about how to fix iPhone stuck on recovery mode with this method.
- If you’re using a Windows PC, update the iTunes to the latest version. If you’re on a Mac, you don’t need to install anything.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes/Finder.
iTunes/Finder will detect your iPhone and show your a popup saying your iPhone needs to be updated or restored.
- Select the “Restore iPhone” option to trigger the restore process.
- Wait for the process to complete. It might take a while so wait patiently for the phone to come back as new.
Solution 4: Fix iPhone 14 Stuck in Recovery Mode by Entering into DFU Mode
Another method how to get iPhone out of restore mode is to put it in DFU mode and recover it with a computer. DFU is the deepest possible restore for an iPhone that helps recover from serious issues—ranging from firmware to software.
To fix iPhone stuck on recovery mode issue, follow the steps below to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable. If you’re on a PC, make sure iTunes is installed and open.
- In quick succession, press and release the volume up button, press and release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button until the screen goes black.
When the screen wakes up again, press and hold the volume down button and side button together.
After 5 seconds, release the side button but keep holding the volume down button until you see a popup on Finder or iTunes saying that your iPhone is in the recovery mode.
- Click "OK" and Choose "Restore iPhone," then follow the on-screen prompts to finish the whole process.
Solution 5: Contact Apple Support to Fix iPhone Stuck on Recovery Mode
Is your iPhone stuck on recovery mode even now? If none of the above methods have worked to get your iPhone 14 out of recovery mode, there may be something wrong with your iPhone’s hardware.
In such a case, we recommend you contact Apple Support to get help. If you decide to go to Apple Store and have the technician at the Apple Store troubleshooted the issue specifically for you, we recommend you visit the Apple Support Website to make an appointment to get help with a hardware repair.
FAQs about iPhone Recovery Mode
Q1: When should I use recovery mode?
When your device is behaving unexpectedly and you want to fully restore it to the latest version of iOS, you can put your iPhone into recovery mode.
Q2: What happens when you restore the iPhone in recovery mode?
The latest version of iOS available for your iPhone is downloaded and installed on it.
Q3: Does Recovery Mode erase my data?
Entering the recovery mode doesn’t erase your data. But if you restore the iPhone, it does.
There you go. Now you know all the solutions to deal with iPhone 14 stuck on recovery mode issue. Remember, the simplest and easiest solution to the problem is Tenorshare ReiBoot — give it a go right away before you try anything else.