Best Solutions to Fix iPad iPhone Error 75 When Update to iOS 16/17
I was updating my iPhone to iOS 16, an error code 75 was returned and was unable to update or restore."
A lot of iPad users are asking why is my iPad software not updating? Well, in every case and error message named error 75 appeared on the screens of the iPads and stopped the update process in its tracks. There is not much info available of this error 75 but in order to get more info, read the article below.
What Is Error 75? Why Does Error 75 Occur While Updating to iOS 16/17
Error 75 is a particular error message that only appears while updating an iPhone or iPad via iTunes. This makes the user unable to update the said iPad and without any fix, it stays like that.
There was no official release regarding this particular error and we weren’t able to gather much data on it but we have compiled a list of reasons that could be behind this message.
- Network connection issue
- Less storage space on your device
- Unable to connect to the Apple update server
- An issue with the iTunes app.
The Simplest Way to Avoid Error 75 While Updating to iOS 16/17
Your first choice of action to avoid error code 75 would be updating the iOS device without iTunes. Like most iOS users you can update to iOS 16/17 with iTunes app but we recommend you stay away from it. There are a lot of complaints about the app performance, which is nothing new.
So, it is best to avoid using iTunes as you are already having issues to update the iPad. Instead, you can use a 3rd party software! Such a professional program is easily available and the performance is quite good. Tenorshare ReiBoot is such an exceptional software, we recommend using it to update to iOS 16/17 on your iPad/iPhone, in order to avoid any errors.
Here’s How to Update iPad to iOS 16/17
Begin with the download and installation of ReiBoot on your computer and connect the iPad.
Run ReiBoot on your computer and then click “Start”.
In the following panel, choose the “Standard Repair” and proceed.
Afterward, you will be directed to the firmware download page. Choose the required firmware, click “Browse” and choose a path for the firmware and then click “Download”. The program will start downloading the firmware immediately.
Once the firmware is downloaded. Click “Start Repair” and ReiBoot will start installing the new firmware immediately.
So, if you were asking how to fix error code 75? Updating the iPad OS will be the most effective option and doing it via Tenorshare ReiBoot will be hassle-free too.
Common Solutions to Fix iPad/iPhone Could Not Be Updated Error 75
We may not have been able to pinpoint the exact reason; why does my iPad says error when I try to update it but we have gathered a list of effective fixes; proved effective against the said issue.
- Solution 1: Update Mac/PC System or iTunes to Fix Error Code 75
- Solution 2: Restart Both of Your Computer and iPad
- Solution 3: Check Your Computer's Software which May Interfere with iTunes
- Solution 4: Enter Your iPad into Recovery Mode/DFU Mode to Try Again
- Solution 5: Fix Error 75 via Checking and Removing Jailbreak from Your iPad
Solution 1: Update Mac/PC System or iTunes to Fix Error Code 75
Your first step to fix error 75 is to update the iTunes app on your PC or Mac. You are also required to update Windows or Mac system as well.
Updating a Mac is pretty simple. here are the steps:
- Open your Mac and navigate to “System Preferences”.
Then, click on “Software Update”.
- Mac will immediately look for available updates. It will show on the screen if any updates are available. Click “Update Now” in order to download and install the macOS update.
Updating Windows OS manually is also very simple:
- Open your PC and click on “Start”. Then, click on “Settings”, identified with the gear icon.
After that, choose the “Update and Security” tab and click on “Windows Update”.
- After that, you have to click on “Check for Updates”. If there are any updates available, it will get installed immediately.
You are also required to update the iTunes app to its latest version.
If you are using Mac, then follow the steps below:
Launch the iTunes app. Click on “iTunes Menu” and click on “Check for Updates”.
- A pop-up will be displayed on the screen. Click “Download iTunes”. Click on the “Update” button.
If you are using the iTunes app on Windows PC, then you don’t have to worry about updating the app, as it gets updated automatically.
Solution 2: Restart Both of Your Computer and iPad/iPhone
The second solutions are pretty simple, just restart both of the involved devices. This means you need to restart your computer and iPad as well.
Restarting an iPad is pretty simple. Just use the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power button on your iPad.
- Wait for the Power Slider to appear on the screen. As soon as it appears, drag it to the end of the screen and the iPad will be turned off.
Now, just wait for a few seconds and turn on the iPad again.
Restarting Mac is also pretty simple. Press the “Power” button and a dialog box will appear on the screen. Click “Restart”.
On your Windows PC; go to “Start” and click on the “Power” button. The “Restart” option will be available there.
Solution 3: Check Your Computer's Software which May Interfere with iTunes
You should also check for installed 3rd party programs on your computer which may interfere with the performance of the iTunes app. Uninstall, those programs, then you may be able to update the iOS successfully.
Solution 4: Enter Your iPad into Recovery Mode/DFU Mode to Try Again
It is imperative to put the iPad into Recovery Mode or DFU Mode if you are having trouble to update it. The steps are pretty simple.
- Connect the iPad to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Then, turn off the device.
Now, press and hold Power and Home buttons together, until the Recovery screen appears. Then you can use iTunes to update your iPad
- Connect the iPad to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Now, press and hold the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds.
- After that, release the Power button and just hold the Home button for 5 more seconds. The screen will go completely black. You can now update your iPad with iTunes.
Solution 5: Fix Error 75 via Checking and Removing Jailbreak from Your iPad
If you are using a jailbreak iPad, then it is quite possible that errors appearing due to the said procedure. So, if you are using a jailbroken iOS device, then remove the jailbreak immediately.
The removal of jailbreak is pretty simple, just Factory Reset the iPad using iTunes. Here are the steps:
- First, you need to connect the iPad to the computer and launch iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically.
- After establishing a successful connection, click on the “Device” icon at the top-left side of the iTunes panel.
Then, click on “Summary” at the top left-hand side of the panel and the “Restore iPad” option will be available to you. Click on it.
Now, you just have to wait for iTunes to restore your iPad. After the device is restored successfully, you will be able to update to iOS effectively.
What If It Is iTunes that Causes Error 75 While Updating iPad to iOS 16/17
Some users went out of their limbs and figured out that it is possible that iTunes is behind this particular error. This is the reason, they are asking why is there an error when I try to restore my iPad?
But if the claim is true, then it will be a very easy fix as you only have to use TunesCare by Tenorshare to fix the iTunes app. The app is equipped with some very genuine features:
- It can fix all the sync problems related to the iTunes app.
- All the iTunes errors can be fixed as well.
- Capable of boosting the performance of the iTunes app.
- Gully compatible with iTunes 12.10.1.
The operation of the said program is also very simple. Here’s how to fix iTunes error with Tenorshare TunesCare:
Download and install TunesCare on your computer and connect the iPad.
After successfully establishing the connection, launch the program and click on “Fix All iTunes Issues” on the main interface.
The program will start repairing the app.
A few moments later the repair will be finished. The notification will be visible on the screen.
If error 75 appeared on your iPad due to an issue with the iTunes app, then this is the most effective way to get rid of it.
Nonetheless, error 75 on iPad is a real issue and it has been bothering a large number of users while they are trying to update. Stopping them in their tracks, forcing to use the old version of iPadOS. We may not able to pinpoint the exact reason for the appearance of this error but we have provided you with an article that contains all the necessary information about fixing the said error, espeically for the efficient tool Tenorshare ReiBoot.