How to Fix AirPods Keep Disconnecting From iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2021-09-24 / Update for Fix iPhone
Even the best products experience glitches once in a while, and Apple's AirPods are no different. Despite being one of the best wireless earphones out there, AirPods have their own share of errors.
Some users reported that their AirPods keep disconnecting from iPhone repeatedly during calls. Here are some of the users' statements from Apple Support Forum:
[iOS 15] Does anyone else have the problem that the airpods pro randomly disconnect?
If you experience a similar problem with your AirPods on iPhone/iPad with iOS 15 or earlier, here are some possible solutions to fix AirPods disconnect randomly problem.
- Way 1: Check the AirPods Battery Status to Solve AirPods Disconnecting
- Way 2: Use Either Left or Right Microphone
- Way 3: Turn off Automatic Ear Detection to Fix My AirPods Keep Disconnecting
- Way 4: Fix Airpods Disconnecting iPhone 13/12/11 via Forgetting and Re-pairing AirPods
- Way 5: Reset Network Settings/All Settings
- Way 6: Try Changing Outputs and Inputs on Your Mac
- Way 7: What If It is Your iPhone that Causes AirPods Keep Disconnecting from iPhone
- FAQs: What Else People Want to Know about My AirPods Keep Disconnecting
Way 1: Check the AirPods Battery Status to Solve AirPods Disconnecting
The first thing that you need to do is to make sure that your AirPods are sufficiently charged.
- Open the case lid with AirPods inside and hold your case close to your paired iPhone.
Then wait for a few seconds until the charge status of your AirPods and Charging Case appears on your iPhone screen.
You can also use the Battery widget to check the charge status of your AirPods and charging case provided that at least one AirPod is inside the case.
After making sure that the batteries are sufficient, let's move on to the next steps.
Way 2: Use Either Left or Right Microphone
Each AirPods features a microphone. By default, both the earphones work as microphones during calls. Allowing only one to work as a microphone at a time might fix the disconnection issue.
Launch Settings > Bluetooth > Tap on "i" button next to AirPods then tap on Microphone
- Select either Always Left AirPod or Always Right AirPod
Way 3: Turn off Automatic Ear Detection to Fix My AirPods Keep Disconnecting
AirPods feature "Automatic Ear Detection" technology to keep them working only when they are in our ears. Some users have reported that when they turn off this feature, AirPods don't disconnect from iPhone during the call.
Open Settings > Bluetooth, tap on "i" button next to AirPods, and turn off Automatic Ear Detection.
Way 4: Fix Airpods Disconnecting iPhone 13/12/11 via Forgetting and Re-pairing AirPods
The next solution is to forget your connection, then re-pair it to your iPhone, the detailed steps are as below:
Open Settings > Bluetooth. Tap on "i" next to AirPods and then tap on Forget this Device.
- After that, reboot your iPhone and pair it again with the AirPods.
Way 5: Reset Network Settings/All Settings
Reset network settings or simply all settings, the steps are easy to proceed:
Open Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings and confirm.
If the problem doesn't get fixed by resetting the network, then try to Reset All Settings.
Way 6: Try Changing Outputs and Inputs on Your Mac
If you find that your AirPods keep disconnecting when using it with your Mac, this way would be helpful.
Go to System Preferences on your Mac and click on the Sound.
Select Output Tab to AirPods.
Click on Input Tab to AirPods.
Way 7: What If It is Your iPhone that Causes AirPods Keep Disconnecting from iPhone
Sometimes, you may find that there is no issue with your AirPods, but they still keeps disconnecting from iPhone, then it should be the problem of iOS system.
Under this circumstance, Tenorshare ReiBoot comes to the best solution for you. It can fix almost all kinds of iOS system issues, like stuck on Apple logo, stuck in recovery mode, black screen and so on.
You can fix the issue is just a few clicks, download the software first.
Then connect your device to it, select Repair Operating System.
- next, click Fix Now to download firmware for your iPhone, then tap Repair Now to start the process.
Here we summarize 7 different tips for fixing AirPods disconnecting problem. Hope your trouble could be relieved a lot.
- Fix iPhone won't restore in recovery mode;
- Fix my iPhone is stuck on the Apple Logo,iPhone screen went black, iOS downgrade stuck, iPhone update stuck, etc.
- Support all iPhone models and the latest iOS 16 and earlier.
FAQs: What Else People Want to Know about My AirPods Keep Disconnecting
In case you want to know more about AirPods keep disconnecting issue, we search and list two most common problems:
Q1: Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
A: There are lots of possible reasons, the first would be the sensors of your AirPods. Then if your microphones or bluetooth has issues, the problem will occur.
Q1: What to do if your AirPods keep disconnecting?
A: Like what we have mentioned above, you can try to check battery status, change microphone, turn off Automatic Ear Detection, forget and re-pair your AirPods, reset newtwork or all settings, change Outputs and Inputs on your Mac and Fix your iOS system.