[SOLVED] Apple TV Black Screen, How to Fix?
When I turn on my 4th generation Apple TV there is no picture, only a black screen is there, how do I get out of this?"
What do you do when your Apple TV stuck on black screen? While Apple TVs may be one of the best pieces of technology, it is not without its problems. some of the users of Apple TV have encountered certain problems like Apple TV black screen which is often characterized by a blank screen despite the fact that the TV is turned on and connected.
If you are facing the Apple TV black screen problem, rest assured that there are several ways you can fix it. In this article we have put together some of the best solutions to help you get your Apple TV in perfect working order again.
- Method 1: Restart the Apple TV to Fix Apple TV Black Screen )
- Method 2. Check HDMI Cable and Power Code
- Method 3. Change Video Resolutions
- Method 4: Restore Your Apple TV to Factory settings
- Ultimate Method: Use ReiBoot To Fix Apple TV Black Screen without Data Loss
Method 1: Restart the Apple TV to Fix Apple TV Black Screen
A restart can easily resolve Apple TV random black screen issue caused by malfunctioning software but Apple TV does not have a Power button to power off but you can use the remote control to restart Apple TV. So try it out!
- Turn on the TV and take the remote.
- Look for the Menu and the down button.
Now hold these two particular buttons at the same time for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now, when you see an indicator light on the TV which should blink continuously, release those buttons.
- Finally, it is time to unplug the power cord of the TV, do it and plug it again after some time. This may solve your problem. If not, try the steps below.
Method 2. Check HDMI Cable and Power Code
If the HDMI cable or the power cord does not connect properly, you can also get the Apple TV black screen issue. So, check the power cord and HDMI cable before you trying other methods.
- Check whether your TV is plugged into the power and check if the status light is on.
- Then, use the remote to wake up your Apple TV.
- Unplug the power cord connected to the Apple TV and then re-plugging it after a few minutes.
- Then, use a different power outlet and check.
- Check if the power strip is on if you are using a power strip for your Apple TV.
Check the HDMI cable connections if the status light is on but your Apple TV black screen with sound or without sound/video.
Method 3. Change Video Resolutions
If you see the Apple logo and then a black screen, you can change the video resolution of your Apple TV to fix Apple TV black screen.
- On Apple TV 4th generation, press and hold the "Menu" and "Volume Down" button on the remote for about 5 seconds and then release both the buttons.
- On Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation, press and hold the "Menu" and "Volume Up" button for about 5 seconds.
- Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds.
Select OK to choose a resolution.
Method 4: Restore Your Apple TV to Factory settings
f you don't see video and the status light flashes for more than three minutes, it is better to Reset to Factory settings. You can easily factory restore Apple TV using iTunes in following steps.
- In the beginning, unplug the power cord and the HDMI cables from the TV.
- Now check if you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer, if not then download and install it.
- Launch the iTunes app on your computer.
- It is time to connect your TV to your computer.
- Now, on the iTunes select, Apple TV.
- Now click on Restore Apple TV.
- Finally, to complete it you will need the internet and the time to finish it will be dependent on the speed of your internet.
After this, you will have a full factory reset Apple TV. Most of the times, this solves the Apple TV 4 black screen or stuck issue.
Ultimate Method: Use ReiBoot To Fix Apple TV Black Screen without Data Loss
If these methods fail to yield any positive result, then you need to get hold of a software that can easily solve this stuck issue. You are recommended to try Tenorshare ReiBoot. This powerful utility tool is specifically designed to recover any iOS device if it is stuck, frozen or unresponsive including Apple TV, iPhones, iPads, iPods and last but not the least the Apple Watch. If your Apple TV has black screen after using Airplay or simply stuck while turning on, ReiBoot can help. Here are the steps to make it work:
- First of all, launch the program on your PC and then connect the Apple TV to your PC via USB.
The program will now detect your device. After detection, simply, tap on "Fix All iOS Stuck" and then "Fix Now"
Now, go and download the recent Apple TV firmware to repair the system.
- After the download ends, tap on "Start Repair".
- After the repair, your Apple TV will reboot and will go into the Home screen without any problems.
Video Tutorial on How to Fix Apple TV Stuck
We hope this will solve your Apple TV black screen stuck issue effectively. All in all, these are ways with which you may get your stuck Apple TV back to working state. ReiBoot can make things a lot easier if compared with the other methods and it is also effective too. If you like this article, do share and comment below!