The Newest Guide on How to Schedule Text Messages
Hi, There! I was previously using an Android smartphone. I recently shifted to a new iPhone 12. The issue is that my job requires me to send scheduled text messages to my clients daily. My Android phone had that feature of text schedule. Unfortunately, this feature is nowhere to be seen in this iPhone and I’m sick and worried because my life depends on scheduled texts. Is there any way to do scheduled text messages? I’m willing to pay as well. Please help.
Many people face the issue above, so we have decided to contribute this blog for your query. Kindly read this whole article to know iPhone’s text scheduling and great tips that are worth your time.
- Part 1: Can You Schedule a Text?
- Part 2: How to Schedule Text Messages iPhone?
- Part 3: How to Schedule Text Messages Android?
- Useful Tip: How to Recover Accidentally Imessages on Your Phone?
Part 1: Can You Schedule a Text?
If you want a built-in tool or app inside your iPhone that directly leads you to schedule a text message, then you might not find one. iMessage also does not allow any such functionality for a present text to be sent at any later time.
However, there are some third-party applications and the Shortcuts app that you can avail yourself of to schedule your messages inside iOS.
Part 2: How to Schedule Text Messages iPhone?
If you want to learn how to schedule a text message on iPhone, then there are two ways to do that.
The Shortcut App way:
The shortcut app inside your iPhone is one of the two ways to send a text message to someone on schedule. The Shortcuts app is free to use, but it is complicated for most users, and it might not give you the efficiency you require.
The Scheduled App way:
The second way to learn how to schedule a text on an iPhone is by using a third-party application called the “Scheduled App.” This app is efficient and built specifically for scheduled text messages. However, the Scheduled app is not free and might charge you money.
Way 1. Send Delayed Text Message iPhone using Shortcuts
Here is the perfect way to send delayed text iPhone Shortcut apps way.
- Open the Shortcuts app on iPhone. If your iOS is running older iOS versions before iOS 13, then you have to manually download it from the App Store first.
- Scroll down to the bottom and choose "Automation." If you have never created automation previously, then you can click on "Create Personal Automations." Tap on the + sign in the upper right corner and then select the Create Automation option.
- Now select the “Time of the Day” and adjust the time for when you would like your automated message to be sent. Then also tap on “Month” and adjust the date. After adjusting the time and date, tap on Next.
- Tap on “Add Action” when the next screen appears. When you open the “Actions” menu, check for a contact from the “Send Messages” section and click “Next.” Type the message you want to send in the message field. Tap on “Next” again.
- Double-check all the new automation steps to ensure your data is put correctly with proper details. One thing you should be cautious of here is the option to “Ask Before Running," which is on by default. You have to toggle it to turn it off; otherwise, the automation will automatically send the messages without even any input.
Once you are satisfied, click on done, and the automation of text messages will happen at the assigned time.
You also have to ensure that you delete your automated messages once it is done; otherwise, the Shortcut app will send the same text messages to the recipients on the same day every month. You have to go to the automation, slide your finger to the left from right, and tap on Delete.
Way 2. Send Delayed Text Message iPhone via Reminder App
If you want to send delayed text, iPhone has another way to do this too. There is an app that can help send delayed messages to the recipients. The good thing is that it isn’t overly complicated like the Shortcut app.
- Download the "Scheduled app" from the App Store. Complete the setup process and choose the price plan. The Premium paid plan would send automated scheduled texts meanwhile;, the free one would remind you to send the scheduled text.
- Allow the Scheduled app to access your contacts. When you open the home screen, tap the + icon at the bottom and create your new text schedule.
Select the contact(s) and enter your text to the message field. Then tap on “Schedule Date” and select your time and date. You can set the repeat days too.
- Choose the “Send automatically” or “Remind Me” from the options and tap on “Schedule Message” at the bottom to complete the setup.
Part 3: How to Schedule Text Messages Android?
If you're holding an Android phone, you can check out how to schedule text messages using the way below, just get started now.
- Download Google Messages.
- Open the app and create your text.
- Select the recipient(s).
- Long press the send button.
- A scheduled menu will pop. Choose the time and date.
- Tap on Send.
Useful Tip: How to Recover Accidentally Imessages on Your Phone?
If you have accidentally deleted your scheduled messages from your iPhone, then don't worry; you can get them back through Tenorshare UltData - iPhone Data Recovery. This software is ideal for resolving various issues, including data recovery, iOS system problems, and much more. Using it, you can effortlessly recover data from iCloud and iTunes.
Download and launch UltData. Click on the “Recover Data from iOS Devices” option and then connect your iPhone to PC. UltData will start detecting your iPhone.
After detection, the list of data types will appear. You can tick “Messages & Attachments” and proceed with the scanning.
Check the preview of imessags after UltData scans it, and you can select any lost message you want to reover.
Select the iMessages you wish to recover and click on “Recover to PC.” UltData will recover them to your iPhone.
If you want to send scheduled text messages, then the iPhone has the Shortcut app and the Scheduled App for this purpose. If your important scheduled text is deleted accidentally, then use Tenorshare UltData to recover it with ease.