Full Guide on How to Backup/Restore KakaoTalk Chat
I recently bought a new phone and installed Kakaotalk. Now my messages do not appear on both the original device and the new one. How can I get the messages on my original phone so I can save them elsewhere or transfer them to the new one?"
Well, if you’ve ever backed up Kakao talk chats, then you can restore the data to your new device. Let's see how we can backup and restore Kakao chat data.
- Part 1: How to Backup KakaoTalk Chat History/Messages
- Part 2: How to Restore KakaoTalk Backup
- FAQS about KakaoTalk Chats Backup/Restore
- Bonus Tip: How to Back up Viber to PC with One-Click
Part 1: How to Backup KakaoTalk Chat History/Messages
It’s easy to back up KakaoTalk, which is an inserted feature in this app. Here are the detailed steps:
- Open Kakao Talk and go to More > Settings.
- Then choose Chats > Chat Backup. Then choose Chat Backup again.
- Now you need to set a password to protect your data.
- Then wait for the process to complete. Note that there’s an expiry data of the backup data.
Part 2: How to Restore KakaoTalk Backup
If you’ve successfully backed up KakaoTalk chat, then you can restore KakaoTalk chat backup on your new device. Follow the steps:
- Open KakaoTalk on your new device and log in to KakaoTalk with the same account.
- Then enter the profile information. Now you can choose “Restore”.
- Enter the password that you need to protect your backup. Then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- Now when the process is completed, you can tap on “Get Started” to start using it on your new device.
- The backup is valid for 14 days. after 14 days, the backup data will be permanently deleted.
- While the data restore, do not launch any other application on your device.
- Time to complete the restore process depends on the size of your data.
- You might have to pay for data charges in case you are connected to a 3G/LTE network.
FAQS about KakaoTalk Chats Backup/Restore
1. Does the backup also include photos or videos?
No! The KakaoTalk backup can only backup text (except for messages over 1,000 characters).
2. Does the KakaoTalk backup data stored in the device?
No! The KakaoTalk backup is stored in the KakaoTalk cloud server.
3. Can I delete my KakaoTalk backup data?
Yes, you can. Follow the steps:
- Open KakaoTalk and tap on “More”.
- Choose Settings and select Chats.
- Now tap on Chat Backup and choose “Delete Backup”.
Bonus Tip: How to Back up Viber to PC with One-Click
When comes to Viber backup, you must try Tenorshare iCareFone. It’s a professional data management tool. With iCareFone, you can back up Viber data and attachments to pc for free. You can also view or restore the backup whenever you want.
Moreover, iCareFone can help you transfer data (photos, videos, contacts, etc.) between your computer and your device easily. Try it:
Download and install iCareFone on your computer. Then connect your device to the computer.
Then choose “Backup” from the side menu. Now you need to tick data types. Remember to tick “Viber & Attachments”. Click “Backup”.
Now you just need to wait for a while.
When the backup is finished, you can review the data or restore the data to wherever you want.