How to Restore iPhone 15 without iTunes
There can be a lot of reasons why you need to restore the just-received iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max. And if you want restore iPhone 15 to factory settings but do not like iTunes, many other options are available too. Here we will first explain why to restore iPhone 15 and then introduce how to restore iPhone 15 without iTunes.
- Part 1: Why Need to Restore New iPhone 15
- Part 2: How to Restore iPhone 15 without iTunes
- Part 3: How to Restore iPhone 15 with iTunes
- Part 4: What to Do After Restoring iPhone 15
Part 1: Why Need to Restore New iPhone 15
Restoring your iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max means wiping all the data and settings on your device and returning it to its factory state. You can restore your iPhone 15 using iTunes on the computer or choose other better alternatives. Anyway, what you do might have the following reasons:
- You want to erase all your personal data and settings before giving away your iPhone 15.
- You forget the just-set new passcode and you are locked out of your iPhone 15.
- You want to recover data from a backup.
- You encounter some software issues or bugs that affect the iPhone 15 performance. In this case, then we recommend ReiBoot, which repairs software issues without data loss.
One more word, if the current data on your iPhone 15 is important, do have a backup.
Part 2: How to Restore iPhone 15 without iTunes
Now we will tell you three ways to restore iPhone 15 without iTunes. After the process, your iPhone 15 will restart as new as you just unboxed it.
1. Restore iPhone 15 in Settings
The first is the easiest and quickest method to restore your iPhone 15 without iTunes. All you have to do is erase iPhone in Settings right away.
- On your iPhone 15, open Settings go to General.
- Scroll down and locate Transfer or Reset iPhone. Then tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- You might be asked to enter the lock screen passcode, screen time passcode or Apple ID password as an added layer of security.
It is recommended to sign out of Apple ID before erasing your iPhone.
2. Restore iPhone 15 with Find My iPhone
Besides the Erase All Content and Settings in Settings, there is another way to erase iPhone without iTunes , which is in iCloud website. You need to have Find My iPhone enabled on your iPhone 15.
- Log in using your Apple ID account on iCloud website and go to Find iPhone.
- Click on All Devices, you can see all the devices linked to this account.
- From the list, select iPhone 15. Then click on Erase iPhone.
Click on Continue and it will restore your iPhone 15.
3. Restore iPhone 15 by 4uKey
It happens that you have not been used to the new passcode on the new iPhone. And the third method is better if you don’t remember the lock screen passcode to your iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max. Using Tenorshare 4uKey, you can easily bypass all sorts of screen passcodes. And it basically restores your disabled iPhone without iTunes too.
Download and run 4uKey software on your computer and click on Start.
Connect your iPhone 15 to it via a USB cable. After 4uKey detects it, click on Next.
Download the latest firmware package. Click on Download and wait for a few minutes.
After the firmware has been downloaded, begin the removal process by clicking on Start Remove.
The screen passcode will be removed and you will set up your iPhone as new again.
Part 3: How to Restore iPhone 15 with iTunes
It is easy to restore iPhone 15 with iTunes too. And when you need to restore iPhone 15 from iTunes backup, it is more convenient. Follow the steps given below and you are good to go.
- Ensure iTunes has been installed on your computer. Now, run iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer using the lightning-fast cable.
- Click on Restore iPhone. A pop up will appear asking you to confirm your action. Click on Restore.
Part 4: What to Do After Restoring iPhone 15
Once you have successfully restored your iPhone 15 to factory settings, what you should do next is also important.
- You have to activate your iPhone 15 as new and set up everything again.
- To recover data, recover from the backup option when it comes to the “Transfer Apps & Data” screen.
- If you have not logged out of Apple ID on your iPhone 15 before restoring, you need to bypass the iCloud activation lock.
- If you need to give away the iPhone 15, make sure to log out of Apple ID and remove the device from your Apple ID linked device list.
Things can be easily done when you need to restore iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max without iTunes. You can erase iPhone 15 from Settings, use Find My, or apply 4uKey, especially when you are locked out of your iPhone 15 without passcode. All of these methods work just as well as iTunes. Do not forget to have a backup and restore the data if necessary.