5 Ways to Fix iPadOS 16 Magic Mouse Scrolling Not Working
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2022-09-29 / Update for iPadOS
Has anyone having difficulties getting a magic mouse 2 to work on the iPad Pro running 13.4? I'm able to connect with no issue but the scrolling does not work. Need some assistance.”
Magic Mouse scrolling not working on your iPadOS? Did this happen after you updated the iPadOS version to 13.4? Amongst the many other Magic Mouse issues, the issue of the magic mouse scrolling not working after updating, the iPadOS to version 13.4 has been reported by many users. From various Apple communities, it is a known issue that scrolling is very buggy on iPadOS 16.
However, the following tried and tested ways can most probably, fix this magic mouse scrolling not working issue.
- Way 1: Hard Reset iPad to Solve iPadOS 16 Magic Mouse Scrolling not Working
- Way 2: Adjust Mouse Settings to Fix Scrolling is Buggy on iPadOS 16
- Way 3: Unpair Magic Mouse and Rematch to Resolve
- Way 4: Change the Magic Mouse to Try(Magic Mouse 1 not Supported By Apple Official)
- Way 5: Reinstall iPadOS 16 to See if Magic Mouse Scrolling Working Normally
- [Extra Tip] How to Fix iPad Not Working after iPadOS 16 Update
Way 1: Hard Reset iPad to Solve iPadOS 16 Magic Mouse Scrolling not Working
Performing a hard reset of your device often solves many problems. And since it is a very simple process, we should never hesitate to perform it. Not just effective, but it is quite quick and so there’s no harm in trying to solve the issue of buggy scrolling on iPadOS 16/15 in this way. How to perform a hard reset of your iPad? Please do the following steps:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake or On/Off button at the top of the iPad.
- While keeping the Sleep/Wake button pressed, press and hold the home button.
- When the home button will be pressed, it might invoke Siri but keep holding the buttons until the screen turns black and then the Apple logo is visible on the display.
Now the iPad will boot up completely and display the lock screen after a few seconds. Turn to scroll your Magic Mouse and check out whether it works finally.
Way 2: Adjust Mouse Settings to Fix Scrolling is Buggy on iPadOS 16
Have you paid any heed to your mouse settings? There is a chance that your mouse settings are causing the magic mouse scrolling to not work properly on your iPadOS 16. Since it is very simple to check and change the settings, just to be sure, do the following to adjust your mouse settings:
- Once the mouse is connected, go to Settings and select the “General” option.
Now select “Trackpad & Mouse” option.
- Check whether the “Natural Scrolling” option is turned on.
- If it is off, turn it on and check if the issue is resolved.
Way 3: Unpair Magic Mouse and Rematch to Resolve
Many problems arise in iDevice accesorries like Magic Mouse if they aren’t paired properly. Because pairing can be sometimes faulty . To resolve the scrolling is very buggy on iPad 13.4 issue,unpairing and rematching the magic mouse has also proven effective at times . Do the following to unpair and rematch now:
- Open the Bluetooth devices list, find the magic mouse in the list and unpair it.
Turn the Bluetooth off and then on and make sure the magic mouse is turned on.
- Put the mouse in pairing mode.
- The device will appear in the Bluetooth devices list.
- Click on the name of your magic mouse and when the “Bluetooth pairing message” appears, press pair.
Now you’ve successfully unpaired and rematched the magic mouse check if the issue is resolved.
Way 4: Change the Magic Mouse to Try(Magic Mouse 1 not Supported By Apple Official)
According to an official statement by Apple, it no longer supports Magic Mouse 1. So the magic mouse scrolling being very buggy in iPadOS 16 might be due to this. So consider changing your magic mouse if you’re using Magic Mouse 1. People using Magic Mouse 2 have rarely reported the iPadOS 13.4 Magic Mouse not scrolling issue.
Way 5: Reinstall iPadOS 16 to See if Magic Mouse Scrolling Working Normally
Did you install the new version right? Many errors can possibly occur when you install an update. There might have been a problem when the iPadOS 16 is installed due to which, the magic mouse scrolling isn’t working. So reinstalling the iPadOS 16 can also fix the scrolling is very buggy on iPadOS 16 issue. To reinstall, do the following steps:
- Connect your iPad to your PC or Mac using the original USB cable.
- Open iTunes and wait for your device to be detected.
- Press on the iPhone like icon on the top left-hand corner.
Press and hold the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (macOS) and then click on the Restore iPhone button.
- Select the correct iOS/iPadOS 16 firmware file.
- iTunes will do everything and let it complete the process automatically.
Any one of these solutions can do the magic and fix the scrolling is very buggy on iPadOS 16 issue.
[Extra Tip] How to Fix iPad Not Working after iPadOS 16 Update
Ever faced the issue of iPad not working after iPadOS 16 update? This isn’t a problem anymore. Tenorshare ReiBoot is a tool that can resolve this issue. This tool is capable of fixing more than 55 iOS-related issues such as the device won’t turn on, the device gets stuck frequently or the black screen issue. It is fully compatible with the latest iOS/iPad versions. Also, ReiBoot is very easy to use and has a very user-friendly interface. Now to resolve the iPad not working after iPadOS 16 update, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install ReiBoot on your Mac or PC and run it.
Connect your device and click “Repair Operating System” once the device is recognized.
Click “Fix Now” to proceed. Download the Firmware Package when you’ve entered the firmware download screen. Click on “Browse” to set the path of the firmware and then click on “Download”.
Once the download is complete (it might take some time since the software is around 2.5GB), click on “Repair Now” to start system recovery.
The recovery will take around 10 minutes and then you’re done. Click on “Done” and your device will boot up as normal.
Five effective ways of resolving the issue of Magic Mouse scrolling not working in iPadOS 16 have been given in this article, perform a hard reset of your iPad, adjust the mouse setting, unpair and rematch the magic mouse, change your mouse and try reinstalling iPadOS 16. Any one of these ways can eliminate the problem of magic mouse scrolling is very buggy on iPadOS 16. Another problem related to iPadOS 13.4 is that some iPads won’t work after the update. If you accidentally have this issue, try to use Tenorshare ReiBoot tool.