iCloud Restore Missing Data? Here's the Real Fix
"I already activated my iPhone X and also push restore from iCloud but my data haven't been recovered. What can I do now?"
iCloud can be really useful for those who have switched to a new iPhone and need to get back all the previous files. However, things not always go the way we suppose. Some users complained that iCloud backup didn't restore all contacts, photos, messages and other data. Even worse, some people even cannot perform a restoration at all. In this article, we'll analyze this problem and show you the possible solutions.
- Part 1: Common Ways to Fix iCloud Backup Not Restoring All Data
- Part 2: Alternative Way to Download and Extract iCloud Files
- Extra Bonus: iCloud Backup Tricks and Tips
- Make sure the iCloud backup is suitable for the current device. For example, if you backed up your iPad and now want to restore to an iPhone, some files won't appear.
- Take a look at your network connection. The downloading process should be preceded under Wi-Fi connection.
- Sometimes iCloud restoring may get stuck in process, you can disable the operation and have another try.
- You need to enter your Apple ID password when restoring some particular files, such as the contents in iTunes.
- There's also a chance that the process looks complete but it's not actually. You have to check this by going to Settings -> Name -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup. If the process is still going, you'll see "This device is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done.
Most of the times, you'll be able to fix iCloud won't restore or restore missing data after trying the above tricks. However, if you unluckily failed, there's still a chance to get back the file contents on your iCloud backup with Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery. This user-friendly program helps download the entire iCloud backup and extract the data from it efficiently. You are also allowed to select file type to download if you just want a particular type of data. Here are the steps to extract iCloud backup.
- Download and install the software on your PC or Mac, run it and choose "Recover from iCloud Backup Files" on the interface.
- Sign in your Apple ID and all the backups will show up. Choose the one you want and click "Next" to download.
- When the downloading process completes, you can select the files and save them to your PC or iOS device.
Back up iPhone is very important for the data security, but iCloud backup has some limitations as it only has 5GB space. Here are some tricks for iCloud backup that you should have a look.
- Some users just know that they can back up device on iPhone or iPad. Actually you can also enable iCloud on Mac or back up manually. On a Mac, open iTunes and connect iPhone to Mac, click "Summary". In the backups section, choose "iCloud" under "Automatically Back Up".
- iCloud will automatically back up the most recent 100 photos from Photo Stream. This pictures won't occupy the iCloud storage but will only remain in iCloud storage for 30 days.
- Since the storage of iCloud is limited, you are always recommended to free up some iCloud storage. Go to iCloud -> Manage Storage to disable some apps that you don't need to back up. You can also delete "Documents and Data" under iCloud.
In this article, we shared you some tips to fix iCloud backup didn't restore all contacts/photos/music and other files to iPhone X/8 (Plus)/7 (Plus)/6s (Plus)/6, iPad and iPod touch and also introduced an easy tool to extract iCloud backups. You're always welcomed to share your opinions with us by commenting below.