How to Remove Exif Data iPhone with 2 Useful Ways
Exif, also known as Exchangeable Image File Format, is metadata that contains lots of information, including camera settings, equipment used, focal length details, and much more. Many people don't know what exactly it is and how it can be removed. Don’t worry; we have got your back. In this article, we will guide you on what it is and how you can remove it using different applications.
- Part 1: Do iPhone Show EXIF Data?
- Part 2: How to Remove EXIF Data iPhone?
- Part 3: How to Get Back Photos from an iPhone Directly?
Part 1: Do iPhone Show EXIF Data?
Unfortunately, on the iPhone, it is difficult to see Exif data using the Photo application. However, you can use different third-party applications, such as Metadata remover, to check the metadata and much more. If you want to remove it, see the details below.
Part 2: How to Remove EXIF Data iPhone?
There are two different ways that you can use to remove Exif data on an iPhone. Let’s discuss these methods one by one to get more ideas.
Way 1. Removing Geo Location from the Photos
If you don’t know how to remove Metadata from photos on your iPhone, don't worry because there are many ways to do it. One of the easiest ways is to remove Geo Location from the photos. This method is simple, and anyone can follow it without worrying about anything. See the steps below.
- Capture your image using the Camera App of your device.
- Now, check the location of your picture.
- Open the image and click the “Share” button.
After that, click the Options and turn off Location and All Photos Data.
- Share your image without worrying about anything.
Related Read: How to Remove Apple ID Photo
The good thing about removing Geolocation is that no one will be able to view your location and metadata information. If you want to edit the data and remove it, you can also use different applications. We have mentioned below the best applications to remove iOS Exif data on iPhone.
Way 2. Using Apps to Remove iOS EXIF Data iPhone
In case you want to delete Exif data on your iPhone, here are the 5 best applications that you can try. All these applications are easily available and work 100% without damaging your data. The good thing about these apps is that they help to remove iOS Exif data in no time. Let’s discuss the complete details about these applications.
1. ViewExif App
It is a powerful application that helps you remove, edit and view metadata of photos. The good thing about this app is that it helps to display various information, including dimensions, iOS speed, geolocation, description, F-number, exposure time, and much more.
How to Use It: Here are a few simple steps that you can follow to use this app.
- Download the application and run it on your iPhone.
- You will see a pop-up message on your device that will ask your permission to access all the images.
- Choose the "Modify" option, and you will be redirected to the images you want to edit.
- Choose the eraser tool from the menu and select the Remove Metadata option.
- After that, click the "Remove Metadata" option, and the app will remove it in a few seconds.
- Easy to use application
- The interface is simple and user-friendly
- Contains many features
- Provides support for various formats
- It doesn't work on iPhone XS Max
- To make simple changes, you have to use the paid version
2. Photo & Video Metadata Remover
This application is ideal for those who want to remove metadata from photos and videos. Using it, you can also hide your private information, such as contact, location, camera details, and much more.
How to Use It:
- Install the app on your mobile.
- Now, select the image of which you want to remove metadata.
- Wait for a while, and this app will start the process.
- Keep in mind that it doesn’t change the original image or video. Instead, it makes the copy once the data is removed.
- Efficient and fast.
- Removes the metadata without creating any issues.
- Good for non-technical users.
- On some versions, it doesn’t work properly
- Have technical issues
Metapho is created by Ziniworks. It checks the details of your image and helps to clear metadata in one go. Apart from that, it is easy to use and change the geo location, so no one can track your information.
How to Use It:
- Download the app, select the images that you want to change.
- Wait for a few seconds, and click the “Shared without Metadata.”
- Your data will be sent without the details and location.
- Works on almost all the devices
- Live Photos and videos features are also available
Cons: The paid version is expensive
4. Exif Viewer - Photo Metadata
This application is good for professionals and beginners. Using it, you can edit, delete, view, and remove EXIF data of images and videos. Furthermore, you can view almost 60+ metadata tags.
How to Use It:
- Select the image that you want to edit.
- After that, click the remove Exif option. You can also select remove all metadata if you want to finish the details.
- Finally, you can now share the images without metadata.
- Supports standard as well satellite option
- Helps to remove GPS location and metadata
- Supports different camera photo formats, including Nikon, Sony, etc
- To edit the details, you have to buy the paid version
- Grid view doesn’t work well
5. The Photo Investigator
The Photo Investigator is yet another powerful app to remove Exif from photos on the iPhone. You can easily edit multiple images in one go. Moreover, it allows you to view the information of different images. The data that you can see include location, filesize, camera details, and much more.
How to Use It:
- Download the app from the App Store.
- Choose the image that you want to change.
- Click the remove option, and you are ready to share the image.
- Check the location from different angles
- Allows to view all the metadata
- Supports various formats, including xattr
- Some bugs are needed to be fixed
- Not for all iOS devices
Part 3: How to Get Back Photos from an iPhone Directly?
If you have lost your images and want to get them back, don't worry; we have an authentic solution for you. Yes, we are talking about s software that helps to get your data back in no time. Tenorshare UltData - iPhone Data Recovery is an iPhone data recovery application that can recover your photos within a few seconds. Want to know how? See the details below.
First of all, download the tool from the official website. Launch it and wait for the main screen to appear. From there, click the “Recover Data from iOS” device.
Make sure to connect your device with Mac or PC using a reliable data cable. In case the app is unable to recognize the device, follow the instructions on the screen.
Once the device is detected, click the “Scan” option and wait for a few seconds. You will see different removed files on the screen. Tick the “Photos” and click the “Scan” option.
You can also preview the photos before recovering. In the end, click the "Recover to PC" option, and you will get your images back.
These were two different ways to remove Exif data on the iPhone. You can use all the apps mentioned above; however, cross-verify the details before sharing the images. If you have lost the images, you can use UltData to get them back.