[Quick Guide]Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC via Bluetooth
Hi. I’ve taken some photos on my iPhone which I want to transfer to my Windows PC. I was thinking of using Bluetooth for this task, but can’t seem to understand how to do it. Can you tell me how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Bluetooth? TIA!”
Photo transfer among different devices could be a tricky task, especially if you don’t know how it works across different operating systems. There are many people who get confused while trying to move data from iPhones to Windows, or Android to macOS.
As you’re reading this post, we know you want to send photos from iPhone to PC Bluetooth. But can you really do that? Is it possible? What are some other methods you can use for this job? Let’s tell you everything you need to know!
- 1. Can iPhone Photos be Transferred via Bluetooth? Quick Answer
- 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC - 4 Alternative Ways
- #1. The Best Alternative: One Click to Send iPhone Photos to PC/MAC via WiFi
- #2. Send Photos from iPhone to MAC via Airdrop
- #3. Use iCloud Photos to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC/MAC
- #4. Use Microsoft Photos App to Import Photos from iPhone to PC
- 3. Comparison: What's the Best Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC?
- 4. How to Transfer Photos to PC via Bluetooth - Android Device Guide
1. Can iPhone Photos be Transferred via Bluetooth? Quick Answer
Simply put, it’s not possible to send photos via Bluetooth iPhone to PC.
You can use Bluetooth to send photos from Android phones to Windows PCs, but it’s not the case with iPhones. While you can pair your iPhone with your PC’s Bluetooth, there’s no option to send photos through Bluetooth in the Apple Photos app.
So, what do you do then? If you can’t transfer photos from iPhone to PC via Bluetooth, how do you do it then? Read the next section to find out!
2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC - 4 Alternative Ways
As now you know you can’t send photos from iPhone to PC via Bluetooth, here are 4 alternatives you can use.
#1. The Best Alternative: One Click to Send iPhone Photos to PC/MAC via WiFi HOT
The easiest way to transfer photos from iPhone to PC is to use Tenorshare iCareFone. It’s literally the fastest way you could transfer photos from an iPhone to a PC. All it takes is ONE single click! iCareFone supports USB connection and WiFi connection, which means you can transfer photos from iPhone to PC wirelessly by iCareFone!
It’s compatible with almost all iOS devices from iPhone 4 to iPhone 14 series. And not only for windows PC, you can also transfer all your iPhone photos to Mac with just ONE CLICK!
Wondering how? Here are the simple steps you need to follow to set up iCareFone on your computer, then you can use it to transfer photos with a click any time you want.
Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer. It works on Windows and macOS both. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and tap “Trust This Computer”. Open iCareFone. Select the button “One-Click to Export Photos to Computer”.
WiFi Connect: To connect your device wirelessly using iCareFone, ensure both your device and computer are connected to the same WiFi network. Then give it a few seconds for iCareFone to detect your device.
Wait for the process to complete. It may take a couple of minutes depending on how many photos you have.
And you’re all set! Your photos have now successfully been transferred.
#2. Send Photos from iPhone to MAC via Airdrop
You get it — the answer to the question “How to send photos from iPhone to PC via Bluetooth?” is “You can’t!”. But what if it’s a Mac? Can you transfer photos using Bluetooth then?
Well, not exactly Bluetooth. But you can transfer photos from an iPhone to a Mac using AirDrop. AirDrop is Apple’s proprietary solution to move data between Apple devices. It’s like Bluetooth on steroids.
Here’s how to use it.
Make sure AirDrop is turned ON on your Mac. To do this, open Control Center on your Mac and set AirDrop to Everyone.
- Now, open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select all the photos you want to transfer and hit the share icon.
Select AirDrop, then choose your Mac from the list. All set!
#3. Use iCloud Photos to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC/MAC
Alternatively, you can use the cloud to transfer photos to your computer — but this only works if you have iCloud Photos turned ON.
If you do, here’s what you need to do.
On your Mac, simply open the Apple Photos app and your synced photos should appear in front of you. Be noted that you need to be on a fast internet connection for this to work.
On your Windows PC, follow the steps:
- Install iCloud Photos from the Microsoft Store.
- Open iCloud Photos and sign in with your Apple ID. Select Photos and click on Apply.
iCloud Photos will appear in your File Explorer’s sidebar. Select it.
- Your photos will appear in the iCloud Photos partition. You can copy and paste them to your PC’s storage, which will initiate the download from the cloud.
#4. Use Microsoft Photos App to Import Photos from iPhone to PC
Lastly, you can use the Microsoft Photos app to import photos from iPhone to Windows PC using a USB cable.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone and tap “Trust This Computer”.
- Open the Photos app on your computer.
- Select Import, then hit “From a USB device”.
- Choose your iPhone from the list of devices and proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
3. Comparison: What's the Best Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC?
Here’s a quick glance at all the methods we’ve looked at so far.
|Cross-Platform?||Yes||No. Mac only.||Yes||No. Windows only.|
|Speed||Super fast||Super fast||Slow. Depends on internet speed.||Medium|
|Reliability||10/10 — works with a single click||10/10 — works with a single click||7/10 on Macs. 5/10 on PCs.||0/10 on Macs. 6/10 on PCs.|
4. How to Transfer Photos to PC via Bluetooth - Android Device Guide
Want to know how to send photos via Bluetooth on iPhone to computer (Windows)? This is how to do that!
- On your Windows PC, go to Settings and open the BT settings.
Select “Send or receive files via Bluetooth”, then choose to receive files.
- On your Android phone, choose the pics you want to transfer, and hit the share icon. .
- Choose BT from the list of options, then pair it to your computer.
- Accept the files on your computer, and wait for the process to complete.
Be noted that BT technology is quite slow by today’s standards, and it will be really slow to transfer photos using it.
The Bottom Line
And there you have it! That’s how to send photos from iPhone to computer via Bluetooth (AirDrop on Mac). If it’s a Windows PC you’re using, you can simply use Tenorshare iCareFone for the job, which is much faster.