[Proven Fixes] How to Fix iPhone Not Vibrate on Silent iOS 17/16
Is your iPhone not vibrating on silent in iOS 17? We know how frustrating it can be when your iPhone doesn’t give those vibrations to let you know of some important notification - especially if you’re used to relying on your iPhone to vibrate for an important call or message.
In this article, we'll take a look at some of the most common reasons that made your iPhone not vibrating on silent, and provide some easy steps you can try to make your iPhone vibrating again. At the end of this article, we also have a bonus tip to help with all your iOS problems.
- Part 1: How to Make iPhone Vibrate or Not Vibrate on Silent on iOS 17?
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Not Vibrate on Silent iOS 17 with Top 6 Ways
- Last Resort: Fix iPhone Not Vibrate on Silent iOS 17 [Must-Fix]
Part 1: How to Make iPhone Vibrate or Not Vibrate on Silent on iOS 17?
If you want to change whether or not your iPhone vibrates on silent mode, you can do it easily in the Settings app. You can choose if you do or do not want your iPhone to vibrate on silent mode. You can also make your iPhone vibrate each time there is a notification or an incoming call.
Follow these steps for iOS 17.
- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Tap Haptics.
- Select Play in Silent Mode. This will make your iPhone vibrate on silent mode.
However, if you want your iPhone to vibrate whenever there is a notification, tap on “Always Play”.
If you want to change these settings in iOS 16:
- Go to “Settings”. Tap on “Sounds and Haptics”.
- Under the “Ring/Silent Mode Switch section, toggle on “Play Haptics in Silent Mode”.
- In case you want your iPhone to vibrate in the ring mode too, toggle on the “Play Haptics in Silent Mode”.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Not Vibrate on Silent iOS 17 with Top 6 Ways
Let’s explore the top six ways to fix the issue of your iPhone not vibrating on silent in iOS 17.
- Way 1: Restart Your iPhone
- Way 2: Check the Silent/Ringer Switch
- Way 3: Check the Vibrate Settings
- Way 4: Check the Do Not Disturb Settings
- Way 5: Update to the latest iOS version
- Way 6: Reset All Settings
Way 1: Restart Your iPhone
One quick thing you can try is simply restarting your iPhone. Sometimes a quick reboot is all there is to do to resolve small glitches, like your iPhone not vibrating on silent (iOS 17). Here’s how to restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Side button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Side button again to turn on your iPhone.
Way 2: Check the Silent/Ringer Switch
If restarting your iPhone didn't work, you might want to check your silent/ringer switch. You need to make sure the silent/ring switch isn’t accidentally flipped. If the switch is flipped to the silent position, your iPhone will not vibrate for incoming calls and alerts. You will know it is in the silent mode when it shows orange color.
- Locate the Silent/Ringer switch on the side of your iPhone.
- Make sure the switch is not in the silent position, which is indicated by an orange color. If it is in the silent position, toggle the switch back to the ring position.
- Once you've switched off the silent mode, test if your iPhone vibrates when receiving a notification.
Way 3: Check the Vibrate Settings
If your iPhone is still not vibrating on silent mode, check the vibrate settings. Here's how you can do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on "Sounds & Haptics."
- Under the "Vibrate" section, ensure that the "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on Silent" options are both enabled.
By enabling these options, you can make sure your iPhone will vibrate when there is a notification even if it is on silent mode.
Way 4: Check the Do Not Disturb Settings
Another factor that can affect your iPhone's vibration on silent mode is the Do Not Disturb settings. To check the Do Not Disturb settings:
- Open the Settings app. Tap on Focus.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Make sure that the switch next to Do Not Disturb is turned off.
- If Do Not Disturb is turned on, turn it off and check to see if the vibration is working again.
You can also make settings to allow notifications from selected apps or people even if Do Not Disturb is turned on. Moreover, you can set a schedule for Do Not Disturb to turn on and off at certain times of the day.
Way 5: Update to the latest iOS version
If you are still facing the “iPhone not vibrating on silent iOS 17” issue, it might be time for an update. Keeping your iPhone up-to-date is important to stay clear of bugs and related malwares. If the problem that you’re facing is because of a software bug, chances are an update will solve it.
You should update your iPhone to 17.1/17.2 or later. To do that:
- Open the Settings app. Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- If there is an update available, tap on Download and Install.
Way 6: Reset All Settings
If you've tried all of the above solutions and your iPhone is still not vibrating on silent mode, you can try resetting all settings. This will reset all of your iPhone's settings to their defaults.
- Open the Settings app. Tap on General.
- Scroll down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Reset. Tap on Reset All Settings.
Resetting your settings will not affect your data, apps, and media. However, it will remove any customized settings you have made, such as Wi-Fi passwords and personalized preferences. Still, it’s a smart move to back up your iPhone data before resetting all settings.
Last Resort: Fix iPhone Not Vibrate on Silent iOS 17 [Must-Fix]
If you've tried all of the above solutions and your iPhone is still not vibrating on silent mode, try Tenorshare ReiBoot. As the most trusted iPhone repair tool, ReiBoot can help fix your device's vibration issue when nothing else will.
Using ReiBoot's intuitive interface, you can repair all of your iOS problems like iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone not turning on, iPhone not connecting to WiFi, and many more. Here’s how to use it.
Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer (PC or Mac). Connect your iPhone with the computer via thunderbolt cable. Once the program launches, click on Start.
Choose Standard Repair and proceed by clicking on the Standard Repair button. Also, read the instructions below to get an idea about the requirements of the tool.
Once your device is detected by Tenorshare ReiBoot, you can continue to download the latest firmware package by clicking the Download button. Wait until the firmware gets downloaded.
Click on Start Standard Repair to continue the standard repair process.
Wait until the progress bar gets completed. You’ll see a confirmation message once it’s done. Click Done when it's finished.
You can now enjoy using your iPhone without worrying about it not vibrating on silent mode.
In this article, we covered the different ways to fix your iPhone not vibrating on silent mode in iOS 17. Your problem will get resolved by following the few simple ways mentioned in the article, but if it still persists, what better solution than Tenorshare ReiBoot ? It is trusted by millions around the world, so try it yourself and get rid of all your iOS-related problems.