What is a Hard Reset on iPhone and How to Do It
What is a Hard Reset on iPhone? How to hard reset an iPhone X? Basically, hard Reset implies deletion of entire region of data present over your iPhone. This way it restores back to its factory state. If you hand over your device to anyone, he/she won't be able to get your data accessed. If you want to know what s hard reset is and how to hard reset an iPhone then you can reap useful information out of this article. Read on!
- Part 1. What is A Hard Reset on iPhone?
- Part 2. When to Use Hard Reset on iPhone?
- Part 3. How Do I Do a Hard Reset on An iPhone?
- Part 4. How to Hard Reset an iPhone without Passcode?
Part 1. What is A Hard Reset on iPhone?
A hard reset or master reset basically means to restore a device to the factory settings. It’s a complete restoration of your device, which clears all the third-party applications, data, user settings, saved passwords and user accounts. The process would delete all stored data on the iPhone as well.
It works pretty well in case you wish to give your device a fresh start or if you're planning to buy a new device.
Part 2. When to Use Hard Reset on iPhone?
A lot of times, you might want to give your iPhone a hard reset due to let's say a sudden change in your device. For instance, when it behaves unnaturally or there's some software malfunction and triggering the crashed apps issue.
- iPhone infected with virus.
- iPhone won’t turn on at all.
- iPhone get stuck on Apple logo, recovery mode, black/blank screen.
- iPhone is slow, lagging or freezing while operating.
- iPhone is disabled.
- You plan to sell the iPhone to someone else.
Part 3. How Do I Do a Hard Reset on An iPhone?
When the need of hard resetting on iPhone arises, you can perform it either from your iPhone or make use of iTunes in that manner. Here, we are going to introduce the official ways to hard reset iPhone.
1. Hard Reset iPhone from iPhone Settings
You can resort to erasing all the data, settings and files available on your iOS device by choosing the 'Erase All Contents' feature from iPhone. The following steps will guide you can accomplish hard reset on your iPhone.
- To initiate the process of hard reset on your iPhone, you need to go to the Settings > locate 'General' and tap on it.
From the General option, head towards 'Reset' option. Now search for 'Erase all contents and Settings' and hit on it.
2. Hard Reset iPhone via iTunes Restore
The second alternative of hard resetting your iPhone is via iTunes. You can easily carry out this operation via iTunes. So, for conveniently performing the hard reset your iPhone:
- Load iTunes over your iPhone and connect your PC/Mac with your iPhone using a lightning cable.
- Tap on your device icon appearing on the upper left corner of the iTunes interface. After that, click 'Summary' from the left corner.
Choose the 'Restore [your device]' button and you're good to go.
Part 4. How to Hard Reset an iPhone without Passcode?
Tenorshare 4uKey is a mighty tool allowing you to exercise the power of hard resetting the iPhone without passcode. In just a blink of an eye, 4uKey lets users restore a disabled iPhone without much efforts. Moreover, 4uKey supports the latest iOS 13 operating system and can be used with the iPhone devices like 11/XS/XS Max/XR.
Run 4uKey after installing, click on “Unlock Lock Screen Passcode” from the main interface.
Connect your iPhone with the computer via a lightning cable and click on “Start”.
Next up is that an interface will be prompted to download suitable firmware package for your iPhone.
Click on “Start Unlock,” and the screen passcode will be removed within the next few minutes. So, this was how to hard reset your iPhone without passcode.
That’s all about what is a hard reset on iPhone and we provide 3 ways that covers how to hard reset an iPhone. And if you do not have the passcode in hand, then Tenorshare 4uKey can save you from the blues of getting locked out. Let us know which method suited you perfectly over the comments section.
FAQs on Hard Reset an iPhone
1. Is Hard Reset bad for iPhone?
Hard Reset will not harm your iPhone. It is used to restore your iPhone when there is some severe issue in the device like iPhone won’t turn on at all or not functioning properly.
2. What's the difference between hard reset and soft reset?
Hard reset is to restore a device to the factory settings. Soft reset or force restart is used to turn the power off. a hard reset erases all the data from your phone while a soft reset only closes the active apps.
3. Does hard reset delete everything iPhone?
A hard reset erases all the data from your phone, including messages, photos, contacts, user settings, saved passwords and user accounts. But you can restore everything from your iOS backup later.