How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPad with/without iTunes
“I have some photos in a folder on my Mac's desktop. I want them in my iPad's Camera Roll. I don't wanna use iTunes syncing because I just want this single bunch of pics added to my iPad camera app. Can I copy photos from Mac folders to iPad without iTunes?”
Exporting photos from iOS device to computer is quite easy, while things are different in terms of pictures transferring between Mac and iPad/iPhone. If you have tons of images stored on your Mac computer and want to be accessible to them at anytime and anywhere, you can consider importing photos to iPad Pro/Mini/Air. With its portability and high resolution screen, iPad makes it enjoyable to view and share photos with friends or families. This post covers 2 simple ways on how to transfer photos from MacBook Pro/Air/iMac to iPad with or without using iTunes.
- Method 1: Sync iPhoto Pictures to iPad Using iTunes
- Method 2: Import Photos from Mac to iPad with Tenorshare iCareFone
Usually iTunes is the first choice at the mention of iOS files transferring. In the following, I will show you how to move pictures from iPhoto Library to iPad Pro/Air/Mini.
- 1. Connect your iPad with Mac OS X computer via the cable. iTunes will automatically launch if it hasn’t been opened already.
- 2. Click the iOS device icon and then Photos tab.
- 3. Choose iPhoto under “Sync photos from” option. For later Photos App on Mac, it will be “Photos”. Or you can create a folder on Mac if the pictures are not in iPhoto Library. Specify the photos by Albums, Events or Faces to be exported.
- 4. Click Sync and the photos are added into iPad. When the syncing process finished, you can see a promotion on the top of the iTunes window. Now you can disconnect your iPad.
However, as the case on the beginning of this post suggests, people are not willing to sync photos from Mac to iPad using iTunes. 3 main reasons can lead to this situation.
Why users not willing to use iTunes to copy photos?
- 1. iTunes may erase existing photos and other files on your iPad.
- 2. Only supportive to folders. You can’t just pick up a single picture to be transferred.
- 3. Synced photos deleting must be done through iTunes again. (No deletion tab shown on Camera roll)
Therefore I strongly recommend a third-party software Tenorshare iCareFone for your reference. It can get photos importing job perfectly done if you don’t mind costing a few dollars. Compared to iTunes, it enables one or multiple photos to be exported from Mac to iPad without data losing, and it also compatible with all iPad models and Mac OS version 10.12/10.11/10.10 and under.
Apart from iTunes, you can take advantage of Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac to sync photos to iPad without iPhoto/iTunes. The steps are quite simple.
- 1. Launch the iOS file transferring software and plug in your iPad to Mac OS computer with USB cable. And then Go to File Manager > Photos.
- 2. Click Import and it will automatically pop up a window for you to choose a location to migrate photos to iPad.
- 3. After that click Open to start sending photos to your iPad.
Done! Within a few minutes, you can view all pictures on iPad freely now. Come and hit this iTunes alternative software that you should not miss for Mac now.