4MeKey Guide: How to Turn Off Find My iPhone without Password
It’s known to us that Find My iPhone is a great feature that helps you find a lost or stolen iPhone back. However, sometimes, you bought an used or second-hand iPhone with Find My on, how to turn off Find My iPhone without password? Don’t panic, Tenorshare 4Mekey can perfectly work on that situation.Available for macOS 10.9 or later Available for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Step 1: Launch and Select a Feature
After you have downloaded and initiated 4MeKey successfully, you will come to three functions. Please select the third feature “Turn Off Find My iPhone”.
Step 2: Connect Your Device to Computer
Now, a risk warning pops up to remind you some precautions before use, please read them carefully. Next, Tenorshare 4MeKey prompts you to to connect your device with a USB cable.
The following is tapping "Trust" on your device and enter screen passcode to unlock it. Only several seconds, your device will be recognized by the program.
Step 3: Start to Turn Off Find My iPhone
After your device is connected well, you will be guided to 2 different situation, which mostly depends on your iOS version.
- Situation #1: For iOS 11.4 and Later, How to Turn Off Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Situation #2: For iOS 11.4 Below, How to Turn Off Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
Situation #1: For iOS 11.4 and later, How to Turn Off Find My iPhone
The program navigates you to remove the device from Find My, just click the “Next” button on the right corner of the bottom. (Note: your iPhone will be factory reset after unlocking Apple ID.)
Then, you need to set Wi-Fi Configure Proxy and Download Certificate to your iPhone. Note: there would be a 15-step configuration guide, please follow every step in order, otherwise, you cannot unlock your Apple ID successfully.
After that, the program starts to remove the device from iCloud account, please wait patiently. It usually takes no less than 2 minutes.
After a while, your device has been removed from the iCloud account successfully. And you can copy the serial number to check if your Find My iPhone is ON or OFF. If your status is OFF, click “Confirm”.
- Note #1: If you failed to remove the device from iCloud account, please try to go back to the last page to tap your iCloud again and then remove again.
- Note #2: You need to successfully removed the device from iCloud account, otherwise, your device is going to get stuck on the Activation Lock screen after unlocking Apple ID.
Situation 2: For iOS 11.4 Below, How to Turn Off Find My iPhone
Likewise, you will be guided to the interface before you unlock Apple ID.
- Note #1: If your device is from iOS 10.2-11.3, data will not be lost after unlocking Apple ID.
- Note #2: If your device is below iOS 10.2, all data will be wiped out after unlocking Apple ID.
Now, you need to manually reset all settings on your device and then start to unlock Apple ID.
Step 4: Turn Off Find My iPhone Successfully
Now, your device will be restored to factory settings. Don’t disconnect your device when removing Apple ID.
Your Apple ID is removed successfully. At the same time, check your device screen to see if it’s been totally factory reset. You can set up it as a new device. More, there is no need to worry about iCloud activation lock will appear after you’ve turned off Find My iPhone.
Is it Helpful?