How to Turn off Activation Lock on Apple Watch
Apple Watch is really cool and interesting to use. Don't you think so? Well, I believe Apple Watch has taken the technology to the next level and made many things easy for us. For our security purpose, Find My iPhone is a feature in iPhone which include Activation lock system that helps to prevent any unauthorized person from using Apple Watch if it gets lost or stolen.
Basically when you want to sell the Apple Watch or give it to someone or even giving for servicing, you need to disable activation lock on Apple Watch. Here, I will show you how to turn off Activation Lock on Apple Watch.
- Way 1: Remove Activation Lock with Watch App on iPhone
- Way 2: Turn off Activation Lock Directly via iCloud
- Bonus Tip: Remove iPhone Passcode While Connecting Apple Watch
Way 1: Remove Activation Lock with Watch App on iPhone
It is not a big issue to remove activation lock on Apple Watch. You just need to unpair your Apple Watch from you connected iPhone. Follow the steps given below to unpair the watch from your iPhone.
- You Apple Watch and iPhone should be close to each other.
- Go to Apple Watch app on your iPhone >> tap on My Watch tab.
- Now tap on your watch name that you see on the screen >> tap info button (You can see on the right side of you watch).
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch also if you have cellular service, choose whether you want to keep or Remove the Plan.
- Now confirm the process by pressing Unpair option.
- Enter your Apple ID password >> Press Unpair to disable Activation Lock on Apple Watch.
It will take few minutes and finally you will be able to unpair Apple Watch form your iPhone and now you have removed activation lock on Apple Watch.
Turning off Activation Lock on Apple Watch can be very useful and helpful for many of the users. If you want to give your Watch to any of your family members or your friend or even wants to sell your Watch, you should better turn off the Activation Lock as they won't be able to connect the Watch with their iPhone.
Way 2: Turn off Activation Lock Directly via iCloud
This is also one of the easiest and simplest ways to cancel activation lock on Apple watch. This method is useful in case your Apple Watch isn't pair with your iPhone or you don't have access to your Apple Watch or even iPhone.
- Go to iCloud.com on your Mac or Windows computer
- Now Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Enter Find My iPhone and tap All Devices that you see at the Top bar of the screen.
- Select your Apple Watch.
- Click Erase Apple Watch >> Select Next until the device is completely erased.
- Click X next to your Apple Watch to remove it.
- Again click Remove to confirm.
Bonus Tip: Remove iPhone Passcode While Connecting Apple Watch
If you are locked out of your iPhone or disable the iPhone while connecting Apple Watch to your iPhone or after entering the passcode many times then you can try Tenorshare 4uKey. It's a professional iPhone passcode removing tool which enables you to unlock the passcode easily and get access to your iPhone.
So, these are the ways to disable Activation Lock on Apple Watch. I hope this will help you a lot and if you have any query related to this topic. Let us know in comment section.