Game Freeze with Windows 10, How to Fix
Windows 10 – Games Freeze Randomly Few Seconds
“I’ve been playing dota2 for a long time in the same PC. Yesterday u updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After doing that, I enter dota and after 3 or 4 minutes in the menu the game just freezes. Music is still playing but the image just freeze and I can’t do anything but kill it from the task manager. Any ideas what it could be?”
Windows 10 game freeze is happen in high-frequency. It is frustrating when you experience this while playing games on your Windows 10 PC. The solutions on this page may be helpful during your gameplay.
Solution 1: Exit and Restart the Game
Sometimes a game can freeze or stop responding because of a temporary. If you gets luck, you can fix it by exiting and restarting the game.
If your game is crashing or not responding during start-up, skip this solution.
Solution 2: Restart Your Computer
Restarting your Windows 10 device resets anything running in the memory that can cause the game to freeze or stop responding. To restart your Windows 10 device, do as the following steps:
- Press Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
- Select Power, and then select Restart.
Once your computer restarts, you open the same game and then it will go back to normal.
Solution 3: Repair or Reinstall the Game
Occasionally, game files become corrupted or altered if you have malware or are running a game modification on your device. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.
Solution 4: Perform Clean Boot
Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.
- Press Windows key + X key. And select Run.
- Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
- On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
- On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Close Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.
Solution 5: Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.
- Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
Solution 6: Sign in As a New User
You may check the same issue with the new user account.
Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
- Select Add an Account.
- Enter a user name and hit Next.
- Click on Finish.
- Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
- Check if issue persists.
That’s all for some solutions for game freeze with Windows 10. For Windows 10 users, you may also like: Windows 10 crashes on login/after sleep, how to fix.