Dell Computer or Laptop Keeps Restarting: How to Fix?
Help! My Laptop Keeps Rebooting Itself!
"My Dell laptop keeps restarting itself, then gets to the windows black screen, and then does it all over again. I want some opinions on whether there is any way of fixing this without wiping out the hard drive (hoping that it isn't already wiped)?"
Why My Computer (Laptop) Keeps Restarting Over and Over?
Laptop/computer with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP always restarts automatically is a common problem for users. They suddenly get restart again and again without warning, or keep restarting every few seconds when you try to shut it down. This could be caused by a variety of reasons, and the reasons can be sorted into 3 categories:
- 1. Bad hard disk
- 2. Corrupt CD/DVD
- 3. Corrupt RAM
How to Fix a Laptop/Computer that Keeps Restarting?
Usually you can access your computer in safe mode and use the options offered by Microsoft to repair the laptop/computer that keeps restarting. If that doesn't work, try to use Windows Boot Genius, which can fix the "laptop keeps rebooting or restarting" problem without any data loss.This tool creates a bootable disk or drive that helps to boot up your PC which can't boot up. It works for all computers, and no matter your computer (or laptop) is from Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, LG, Toshiba or other computer manufactures, you can let Windows Boot Genius to fix your Windows boot problem.
- A blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive to burn a bootable disk or drive.
- A workable computer or laptop to download Windows Boot Genius.
- Download Windows Boot Genius to the workable computer or laptop.
- 1: Insert a CD/DVD disk into the CD-ROM drive or connect USB flash drive to the workable computer. Launch Windows Boot Genius and burn the program to your blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- 2: When the burning completes, insert the newly burnt bootable disk or drive to the computer or laptop that can't boot normally, then set BIOS to boot computer from CD/DVD/USB.
- 3: After accessing your computer, you should find the Windows Boot Genius launched automatically. Go to "Windows Rescue" menu and choose "Crash before loading bar". You will then get a window just like that in the following.
Windows Boot Genius has a list of utilities for you to use in order to fix the "cpmputer/laptop keeps on restarting" problem. You can try them one by one until your problem is solved and your computer is back to normal.