iOS 10 releases recently, bringing some more amazing features to create a more wonderful user experience for iPhone/iPad/iPod users. However, quite a few of iOS problems happens when many of us update our operating system into iOS 10 despite of Apple's efforts. Here is an article about iOS 10 upgrade problems and solutions on iPhone, iPad and iPod and I hope it can help you greatly.
|1. iTunes Error 14||8. Apps Always Crashes in iOS 10|
|2. iPhone iPad Stuck on Verifying Update||9. Lock out of Apple ID in iOS 10|
|3. Software Update Failed Error Occurred||10. Safari/Safari Crashing issue|
|4. Stuck on Slide to Upgrade screen||11. "Insufficient Space For Download" in iOS 10 Software Update|
|5. Battery Problems with iOS 10 update||12. Stuck in Recovery Mode|
|6. iOS 10 Update Issues with Cellular Data||13. iPhone/iPad Runs Slow after Updating to iOS 10|
|7. Data Loss after iOS 10 Update||14. iTunes/iCloud Photo Sync Problem on iOS 10|
Do you get an error saying Error 14 during the installation of iOS 10? Try the solutions below:
1. Create a backup>> do a clean restore of iOS 9.3.2 and then update iOS 10 using IPSW file.
2. Install the latest version of Xcode 8.
3. Make sure your USB device work
Someone unfortunately met the stuck problem--iPhone/iPad freezes on the Verifying Update screen when they update the operating system into iOS 10. Try the fixes below to solve your problem:
1. Keep pressing the power button to lock the iOS device and then unlock for at least 5 times.
2. Perform a hard reset or reboot your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
3. Switch to update into iOS 10 with the latest iTunes.
When a message saying "Software Update Failed An error occurred downloading iOS 10", open your VPN and try on the fixes:
1. Use iTunes to install the latest ipsw.
2. Make sure you have xcode beta installed.
3. Restarts iOS device and WiFi router.
4. Reset network settings on iOS device: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
If Your iOS 10 device is frozen on a "Slide to Upgrade" screen, it is also a very common problem. To solve the issue, please try fixes as follow:
1. Open up iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to a computer. Hold Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until your device is detected.
2. Restore your device via your previous backup.
Have abnormal bad battery life issues for your iPhone/iPad/iPod on iOS 10? Troubleshoot the issue here:
1. Do a hard reboot via Home and Power buttons.
2. Go Settings > Usage > Battery Usage to check if there is any app using battery abnormally.
3. Set the Low Power Mode to extend the battery life.
Can't turn cellular data on for some apps? Cellular can't connect? If you have some issues about the cellular data, try some tips here:
1.Slide into Airplane mode and get it into normal 30s later.
2. Reset the network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
3. Turn Cellular Data off and on.
4. Reset all the settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Some important data is missing after upgrading into iOS 10? How to recover messages/contacts/notes/bookmarks/photos? What if you don't have a backup?
1. Retrieve data from iTunes backup.
2. Restore data from iCloud backup.
3. Recover data with iPhone Data Recovery.
After iOS 10 upgrade, many iOS users find the apps in their iPhone/iPad keep crashing. To fix this issue, please follow the tips:
1. Uninstall and install the crashing app
2. Force Reboot the iPhone or iPad
3. Updates Apps into the latest version
4. Turn off Background App Refresh: Settings > General > Background App
5. Reset all settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
When you want to enjoy the wonderful iOS 10, unfortunately you are locked of Apple ID. This is really annoying. Try the methods below to remove your trouble:
1. Try to use a link in your two-factor authentication email notice to stop the security protection and recover account.
2. Try to revert back to iOS 9.
Some users complain Safari runs slower after iOS 10 upgrade while some others reports their Safari always crashes in iOS 10. To solve Safari issues, try the fixes as follow:
1. Remove History and Website Data
2. Turn off all Safari tabs
3. Clear out reading list: Settings > General > Storage & iCloud usage > Manage Storage> Safari > Edit > click red button to the left of Offline reading list > Delete
4. Reset network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Upgrade into iOS 10 needs at least 1.5GB space. If there is insufficient storage space appearing, follow the effective tips:
1. Remove unwanted apps
2. Use iCareFone to clean up junk files on your iPhone/iPad/iPod
When you gets iOS device stuck in recovery mode during jailbreak or upgrade iOS 10, try to get your iPhone/iPad into normal with the tips below:
1. Hold Pressing Home and Power buttons to see if it can exit your device out of the recovery mode.
2. Check the lightning port and others to see if there is something wrong with hardware.
Feel your iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/5s/5/4S/4 runs slow after updating to iOS 10? To speed up your iPhone/iPad/iPod, try on the below fixes:
1. Hard Reboot or Force Restart your device.
2. Go Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings > Enter Your Passcode to reset settings.
Get issue when you want to sync data to iCloud? Want to manager photos with iTunes but it doesn't work? No worries and try on the fixes:
1. Make sure WIFI connection is okay.
2. Update iTunes to the latest version.
3. Turn off iCloud Music Library and iTunes Match on iPhone: Tap Setting > Music to turn off it.
4. Turn off "Show Apple Music" on iPhone: Tap Setting > Music to turn off Apple Music.
These are top 14 most common iOS 10 problems and solutions. If you think this article is useful, please share it with your friends.