[Ultimate Guide] How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone
Forgot restrictions passcode on iPhone or iPad, how do you reset it?
Forgetting an important password can be hectic, but unfortunately, it is a common feature these days. You have lots of passwords to remember, so it shouldn't come as a surprise if you forget one. Talking of forgetting passwords, most people tend to forget their iPhone passcodes for one reason or another. We will be telling about iPhone restrictions, including how to reset restrictions passcode on iphone. In fact, we will review all the options you have to reset restrictions passcode on iPhone without breaking a sweat. Let's delve in, shall we?
- 1. How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone if you Remember the Password
- 2. Resetting the Restrictions Passcode(Forgot Restrictions Passcode)
- 3. Recover your "Restrictions Passcode"
- 4. Extra Tips: how to Flexibly Backup and Restore Your iOS Devices
1. How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone if you Remember the Password
Let's first look at how to reset restriction passcode on iPhone if you remember the passcode. In other words, you haven't really forgotten your password but you simply want to change it for security reasons. So, how do you do this? It is simple!
- Step 1. Click on Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Step 2. You will be required to key in your existing Passcode.
- Step 3. Click on Disable Restrictions and you will be prompted to your existing passcode again.
- Step 4. You can then enable the restrictions passcode yet again if you want to and you will need to enter a new password. It is that easy!
2. Resetting the Restrictions Passcode (Forgot Restrictions Passcode)
First you should understand with this way your device has trusted the computer before. We will help you access your device and reset your restrictions passcode again. With this way, your device data will be lost and it will be updated to the latest version. Let's take you through the steps:
1. Download Tenorshare 4uKey and connect your iPhone afyer unstalling the software.
2. Download firmware package and start removing the passcode.
3. Now your iPhone has reset again. After this you can reset your restrictions passcode again.
Notes: Before you do these steps, Itt will lead to data loss, so a backup is necessnary before restore it. For this you need a tool named iCareFone to backup your device data on your computer freely, and will be restored them flexibly.
3. Recover your "Restrictions Passcode"
- So visit this site https://www.icopybot.com/download.htm and download the right version for PC or Mac.
- Install it to your computer and launch it.
- Once it is on, you will see a folder containing your phone's backup at the left panel of the tool.
- Click on that Folder > System Files > HomeDomain > Library > Preferences .
- Find the file with name "com.apple.springboard.plist", right click the file and choose to open it with Wordpad or Notepad.
- Within the open file, look for these lines:
- Now save and close the file. Connect your device and restore it from backup.
Extra Tips: how to Flexibly Backup and Restore Your iOS Devices
As a rule of the thumb, make sure that you backup your data before restoring your passcode via any method. There are a number of ways to backup your iPhone but one of the best approaches is to use a tool known as iCareFone. It is a better option that the conventional way of backing up to the cloud or to iTunes. The reason is that it will give you better flexibility in terms of backing up and restoring backups-like what to backup/restore, the amount of data you can backup/ restore and much more. You can also share notes, apps, photos, contacts etc. with other devices and computer as well.
- 1. Once you have installed the iCareFone , launched it and you can backup your phone faster and much more safely. Then connect your iPhone to computer.
- 2. Select Backup & Restore from the menu options listed on the softwares home screen.
- 3. Select all the files you need to backup, take note of the backup path and click on backup You can then wait for the backup process to finish and you are good to go!
Now, since you have the backup stored on your PC or Mac computer, you can always restore it using the same tool whenever you run into a technical hitch or if you lose your phone.
That's it about restoring your lost iPhone passcode fast without having to lose everything stored on your phone. If the option doesn't work then you will have to go for the restore option but before you do, backup! You can use iTunes, iCloud or better even iCareFone tool to do better, faster and smoother backups for your much coveted data.