Top Apple watchOS Update Problems and How to Fix Them
Unable to update to watchOS 6? Apple Watch is stuck on Apple logo or boot loop after watchOS 6 update? An error occurred while downloading the latest version of watchOS on your Apple Watch? In some cases, you may have problems with watchOS 3 update, for example "Since the 6.1 update...... It just says loading weather." Don’t worry, here we will show you the top 3 Apple watchOS 6 update problems and how to fix them easily.
- Problem 1: Unable to Check for Update
- Problem 2: Apple watchOS 3/6 Update Failed
- Problem 3: Apple Watch Gets Stuck /Bricked after watchOS 6 Update
- Problem 4: Cannot Access Apps by Pressing Side Button after Update
- Problem 5: WatchOS 7 beta5 Shortcuts Database Corrupt
- Problem 6: WatchOS 7 beta 4 Doesn’t Update Time.
Problem 1: Unable to Check for Update
“Checking for software update failed because you are not connected to the Internet.”
If you have the problem “Unable to Check for Update”, firstly you need to make sure :
- Your iPhone is updated to the latest version.
- Apple Watch is on its charger and has at least a 50 percent charge.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Keep your iPhone next to your Apple Watch to make sure they're in range.
After that, on your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > Software Update.
Problem 2: Apple watchOS 3/6 Update Failed
"Unable to Install Update - An error occurred installing the latest version of watchOS on your Apple Watch"
“Software Update Failed - An error occurred while downloading the latest version of watchOS on your Apple Watch.”
Many users complained that they are unable to update to watchOS 3 or the update failed. If you have the same issues, check to make sure you're on Wi-Fi and your Apple Watch is recognizing your iPhone. if everything is ok, then follow steps below to have a fix.
- Force quitting the Apple Watch app on your iPhone (Double press the Home button to bring up the multitasking interface and swipe up on the Apple Watch app) and restarting your Apple Watch.
- Unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
Problem 3: Apple Watch Gets Stuck /Bricked after watchOS 6 Update
“After the watchOS 3 update, my apple Watch won't turn on again, just the Apple logo appears and won’t go past the Apple logo.”
“I just did an update for my apple Watch a few days ago. Now after the update the Apple Watch displays a red "!" icon. I did a force restart etc. Still does not work.”
If your Apple Watch is stuck on an Apple logo (reboot loop) or get bricked after watchOS 3 upgrade, you’ll need to force restart your Apple Watch just like what we did for frozen iPhone previously.
To force reboot your Apple Watch all you have to do is press the digital crown and the side button simultaneously for up to 10 seconds. Then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
In case that your Apple Watch is still stuck after a force restart; don’t worry, what you need is Tenorshare ReiBoot , a professional tool to fix Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo, reboot loop, charging screen, exclamation mark after watchOS 3/6 update.
Problem 4: Cannot Access Apps by Pressing Side Button after Update
This is another problem that has been reported on the forum. Before we come to a real fix, please try again by following the correct steps below to open an app from the Dock.
- 1. To open an app from the Dock, please press the Side button.
- 2. Swipe up or down, or turn the Digital Crown.
- 3. Tap to open an app.
If your operations are correct, but still won't be able to open an app, please try to force restart your Apple Watch by pressing both Digital Crown and Side buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo.
Problem 5: WatchOS 7 beta5 Shortcuts Database Corrupt
"WatchOS 7 b5 shortcuts database keeps corrupting every time the app is opened. So how do I fix it? Any ideas?
- In the Shortcuts settings, scroll down to find iCloud Sync and turn it off.
- Resetting your Shortcuts settings which will erase the customed settings.
- Force restart your Apple Watch.
Problem 6: WatchOS 7 beta 4 Doesn’t Update Time.
"It’s been like this since the first WatchOS 7 beta: the screen dims when my arm is resting, but the clock hands don’t update. When I raise my arm later and the clock reactivates, the hands are instantly moved in the right position. It’s supposed to track time even when the screen is dimmed; time and activity are the only thing that are still updated when the screen dims but apparently not in the beta.
- Force restart your Apple Watch.
- Downgrade your WatchOS 7 to the lower version.
- Reset your Apple Watch to factory settings.
Those are the top watchOS 6/7/7 beta update issues we collected from users. I hope these tips can help you solve your problems.