If you have updated your iPhone 7 to the latest version of iOS, then you are likely to face an issue pertaining to restoring the backup of your iPhone. The issue seems to have affected a lot of users and if you are one of those affected users, you might want to learn how you can resolve it.
The exact issue is that after you have updated your iPhone 7 to the latest version of iOS, you have trouble restoring the iPhone backup from iCloud. When you tap the restore button to restore the backup, you get an error message that says you cannot restore the backup.
This has put many users into trouble as they have no clue what they did wrong and what has caused the error. Actually, the error is from the Apple side as there seems to be an issue with the operating system of the phone. A patch should be on the way but it is not available yet.
If you are in that situation, here are some steps that you can take to fix the issue until Apple rolls out an official way to fix it.
There are actually two ways to fix the issue on your iPhone 7 and here we show you both of those:
In this method, you need to put your (red) iPhone 7 into recovery mode and factory restore your device from iTunes, and then you will restore from iCloud backup. Free Reiboot will help you put your iPhone 7 into recovery mode with only 1 click.
1.Download and install the app on your computer. Launch it and plug in your iPhone to your computer using an authorized cable.
2. On the main interface of the app, you will see a button saying Enter Recovery Mode. Click on it and it will reboot your iPhone into the recovery mode.
3. When the iPhone enters the recovery mode, launch the iTunes app on your computer. iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode and require it to be updated or restored. Now, you can reset your iPhone with iTunes.
4. When a backup has been restored on your iPhone using iTunes, unplug your device from your computer.
5. Launch the settings panel on your iPhone and proceed with restoring an iCloud backup and it will work fine this time.
If the method above didn’t work, you need to first repair your iPhone 7 operating system before you can restore an iCloud backup. Reiboot also enables you to repair corrupted iOS easily. Here’s how to do that:
1. Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your iPhone to computer with an USB cable. Click “Fix All iOS Stuck” section in the main interface.
2. After Tenorshare ReiBoot detect your device, Click “Repair Now” to start downloading the firmware package.
3. Once the firmware package is downloaded completed and successfully. Click “Start Repair” to start system recovery. After the repairing process, your iPhone will boot up normally. And now you can go forward to restore from iCloud backup now.
So, that was how you could fix the error that prevented you from restoring an iCloud backup. Let us know if this helped you fix the error!