How to Clean up PC after Windows 10 Upgrade to Regain Disk Space
Disk is almost full after Windows 10 upgrade? Many users complained lack of storage space on computer after Windows 10 update. Windows 10 itself will take around 16 GB for the 32-bit OS, and 20 GB for 64-bit version, and the upgrade process can leave behind loads of temporary files, update files, files from your previous installation taking up your free space.
If you get the efficient way to clean up PC after Windows 10 upgrade, it is potentially to reclaim up to 20GB of storage space on your computer. Let’s take a look at how to regain disk space after Windows 10 Upgrade.
- Method 1: Clear PC after Windows 10 Update with Windows Disk Cleanup
- Method 2: Free up PC Storage after Windows 10 Upgrade with Windows Care Genius
Disk Cleanup is an utility used to remove temporary files, empty the Recycle Bin, and remove system files and other items that you no longer need.
- Click on Cortana/search and type in “Disk Cleanup”. Click on Disk Cleanup to open it.
- Select the Clean up system button and Disc Cleanup will scan your C drive for more files to be deleted.
- Under Files to delete, select the file types (Previous Windows Installations and Temporary Windows Installation ) to get rid of and Select OK to clean up them.
Disk Cleanup not working on your Windows 10 PC? This is an alternative for Disk Cleanup – Windows Care Genius for you. It is an all-in-one PC clean up tool for Windows 10 that allows you to comprehensively to free up disk space after windows 10 upgrade by cleaning registry, junk files, unused files from your system with one click.
Firstly, download and install Windows Care Genius on your PC.
Step1. Run Windows Care Genius and click Checkup to analysis the whole heath status of your PC.
Step 2. After scanning, you can see all the junk files including useless files, invalid registry entries, etc. Click Fix to fix all the problems on your PC.
Now you get a clear idea about how to clean up disk space after Windows 10 installation. When you've finished you can free up a lot of space on your disk.