4 Effective Ways to Import Videos from iPhone to Computer
Want to share your iPhone videos whenever and to whoever you like? Want to keep those precious moments safe? The best way to do that is by knowing how to upload videos from iPhone to computer the right way. We know your videos are precious to you but it is equally important to keep it safe and sorted and that's where your own PC can come to your rescue. So, we have compiled a list for you containing everything you need to know about video transfers from iPhone to computer. So, let's get going…
- Way 1: Upload Video from iPhone to Computer with iCloud Photo Library
- Way 2: Import Videos from iPhone to Mac with Photos App
- Way 3: Move Videos from iPhone to PC with File Explorer
- Way 4: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC/Mac with Third-Party Tool
Way 1: Upload Video from iPhone to Computer with iCloud Photo Library
The famous iCloud service is one of the most go-to Cloud services for almost all iOS users. It boasts a lot of features that can help you store and sync data between iDevices such as iPhones/iPads/Mac etc. One of these features is the iCloud Photo Library. Basically, it can sync your videos while your iPhone and computer are connected to Wi-Fi network. iCloud gives you 5GB free storage and charges you money if you want more storage. And this is where it can be a deal breaker as there is a substantial storage limitation associated with it. Nonetheless, it is a feasible method used by many, including us and you can always opt for more storage whenever you want by paying extra. Here's how to upload videos from iPhone to PC using iCloud Photo Library:
To activate iCloud Photo Library, you will have to set up both your iPhone and computer (Windows/Mac).
1. For iOS 11 users, tap on "Settings"> Your name and then tap on "iCloud" to get "Photos". For iOS 10 and earlier, go to "Settings">"iCloud" and tap on "Photos & Camera".
2. Turn on "iCloud Photo Library" toggle switch.
On Windows PC:
1. Download iCloud for Windows program from the website and install the software on your PC by following the step by step prompts of the wizard.
2. Run iCloud for Windows on your Windows computer and sign in with Apple ID credentials.
3. Now, find and click on "Options".
4. Check "iCloud Photo Library" from the checkbox provided and finally click "Done"S
5. Open "Windows File Explorer" from your computer, and find the "iCloud Photos" folder under "Favorites".
6. Tap "Download" after selecting the desired videos.
1. Simply, navigate to "System Preferences", and then hit "iCloud".
2. Now, click on "Options" and enable "iCloud Photo Library" inside.
3. Now, open the Photos App to get hold of all the synced iCloud videos on Mac.
Now whenever your iPhone and computer are connected to Wi-Fi, sync will start its magic! So, here is how to set up iCloud Photo Library to get all your iPhone videos transferred to your computer right away. Do make sure you have a stable Wi-Fi connection while you go for this option.
Way 2: Import Videos from iPhone to Mac with Photos App
Similar to iPhoto, the Photos App is developed to edit, share and manage data on Mac with added advantages. You can use the Photos App to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac easily. For this, you will just need your USB cable provided by Apple and the support of iTunes. So, to make this option work, you will need to have the latest iTunes pre-installed on Mac as recommended by Apple themselves. You won't have to launch iTunes though. Nonetheless, here's how to use Photos App on Mac for uploading videos from iPhone to PC:
1. First, plug-in your iPhone to your Mac using the original USB or lightning cable.
2. The Photos App will be launched automatically after detection. If not, you have to do it manually.
3. You will see all your iPhone videos and photos on the Photos App interface now.
4. Simply choose the videos you need and hit the "Import" button on the right top corner after selection.
The process is complete and your chosen videos will be available on your Mac.
Way 3: Move Videos from iPhone to PC with File Explorer
Alternatively, if you are a Windows user and you want to get your iPhone videos on computer, your USB cable can just do the trick! The simple File Explorer feature can help you fetch videos from your iPhone. This is a simple method and it works effectively if done right! Here as well, you will need iTunes pre-installed on your personal computer to make things easier. So, here's how to use USB connection to move videos to PC:
1. First, connect both your iPhone X/8/7/6/6S/5/5S/SE etc and Windows 10/8/7 PC using the original USB cable.
2. To take a shortcut, enter "Windows"+"E" on your keyboard to open the "Windows File Explorer"
3. Now, tap on 'Trust this computer" on your iPhone if you see a pop-up on iPhone.
4. Find and click on "This PC" option inside the devices section for Windows 10/8 or click on "My Computer" for Windows 7/XP.
5. Find and double-click on "Internal Storage" folder to find the DCIM folder inside.
Find and select the desired videos to manage them whenever you want to from your Windows PC. You can copy and paste them to your desired location for backup.
Way 4: Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC/Mac with Third-Party Tool
By far, the best method here to upload video from iPhone to computer is the Tenorshare iCareFone software. It is a professional transfer tool with a full-fledged File Manager feature that can edit, share and manage any type of file and that includes videos as well. This is the ideal option to go for in this whole article to get all your videos from iPhone to your computer. We highly recommend this software because of the advantages it offers to its users. Here are some of them listed below:
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Selective and bulk transfer videos.
- No limitations on storage space
- No Wi-Fi or Internet needed
- Transfer any kind of videos irrespective of size and genre such as from the camera roll, iMessage, WhatsApp videos, Kik etc.
- Preview before transferring videos.
- Backup and restore videos, speed up and clean device, fix iOS stuck, repair OS etc.
Let's look at how to use Tenorshare iCareFone on your own:
1. Download and install the Tenorshare iCareFone software on your PC.
2. Launch the program and use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your PC right away.
3. Now, find and open "File Manager" from the interface and select the "Videos" option from the list.
4. All your videos will be listed in front of you. Preview and select the desired videos that you want to send over to your PC.
5. Tap on the "Export" button to finish.
All the videos you selected will be transferred to your PC in no time now. It is as simple as that!
So, in this article, we have listed 4 most effective ways on how to upload videos from iPhone to PC, for both Windows and Mac respectively. Every single one of them is tried and tested many times. And if you want to know about our unbiased verdict on which method to go for, we would recommend Tenorshare iCareFone. W use it ourselves and no other method can offer such effectiveness to transfer videos. Not to forget the range of features that easily beats the other options hands down. Go for it and try it out yourselves!
If this article is helpful, don't forget to like, share and comment below!!