Full Guide to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
The non-expandable memory of Apple devices has created several problems for many users. And many users tend to look for probable solutions to clear storage or transfer data etc. As a user, I transfer media like videos and images for various purposes like editing or uploading to social media. But the actual problem lies in the fact that most of the users are unaware of how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer; both Mac and Windows. Fear not, this is where this article comes in; all the efficient and valuable ways to transfer videos to your PC are mentioned below.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer With Ease
- Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
- Part 3: How to Import Videos from iPhone to PC
Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer With Ease
If you are looking for the easiest way to transfer videos from iPhone to computer, it should be none other than Tenorshare iCareFone.
As far as our test goes, this is the most effective method to transfer videos to your PC without compromising on quality. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows and comes with a proper File Manager with the help of which you can manage your videos too. The biggest advantage of it is that you can selectively transfer one or more videos at a time. Third-party app videos are also supported to be transferred.
Here's how you can use Tenorshare iCareFone:
1. First, download the Tenorshare iCareFone program from the official website. Both Mac and Windows versions are available.
2. Install and launch the program following the on-screen prompts.
3. Now with the help of a USB connect both your iPhone and computer.
4. From the interface, navigate to "File Manager" and select "Videos" from the options.
5. Preview from the list and select the required videos for transfer.
6. Click "Export" button to end the transfer process.
All the selected videos will be sent to your PC now. It is really fast and secure as well.
Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
iCloud and the Photos App are the most common methods among iPhone users to transfer videos. Both of them comes with their own unique features. One is completely wireless form of transfer and the other isn't. The uses of both of the apps are mentioned below…
Way 1: How to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac using Photos App
The Photos App is a photo management tool that equals as a video transfer tool as well. If you want to transfer videos to another device with suitable space, the Photos App comes in handy. It is easy to use and you can use it on Mac to transfer videos from iPhone. The steps to use Photos App on Mac are mentioned below…
1. Before you get started you have install iTunes on Mac. Version 12.5.1 or any later version will do.
2. Connect your iPhone and Mac with an USB cable and unlock your phone. You will see a pop-up on your phone asking permission to connect to the computer, tap "Yes" and continue.
3. The Photos App will be launched automatically and it will open with a panel containing all the photos and videos from your phone.
4. Select the videos you want and click on the blue Import button on the top.
Your videos will be imported and you can now unplug the cable. When you are not looking to store your data on the Cloud and suffer from space limitation, you can go for this option.
Way 2: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud Photo Library
iCloud is considered as the most important app to any Apple user. Actually, iCloud is a service specially designed to push the Apple devices to their full potential. So, the iCloud Photo Library is a small but significant part of the service, which can sync videos or any data between your iPhone and computer when connected together under Wi-Fi. The functions are mentioned below…
1. As an iPhone user you have already subscribed to iCloud, but if you are having trouble to turn on the iCloud Photo Library, then you may have to upgrade your iOS, 10.3 or any later version will work.
2. After upgrading the iOS, go to the "Settings" and provide your name and ID to enter "iCloud", then go to "Photos" and turn on "iCloud Photo Library".
Turning on the Photo Library on Mac is very easy, just find the iCloud Photo Library on the Mac and turn it on.
1. If you are using iOS version 10.10.3 then you have to go to the "System Preferences and look for iCloud.
2. Enter iCloud and in "Options" select the "iCloud Photo Library" feature.
3. If you are having trouble finding the videos you downloaded through iCloud, then to go the Photos App for Mac.
So, this is how to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to computer using iCloud Photo Library. The procedure is very simple and you can also use the iCloud Photo Library on a Windows PC as well, just download the "iCloud for Windows" (+nofollow) app and set up the feature like above.
Part 3: How to Import Videos from iPhone to PC
Windows and iOS are two of the most advanced Operating Systems on the market and they come with a few inbuilt applications or functions that make your life easier. Windows has a function called AutoPlay which can transfer videos using USB. The newer versions of Windows, 8/8.1/10 comes with the Photos App which is similar to the Photos App function of iOS and does the same job.
For Windows 7/XP, use AutoPlay:
Some people may find it difficult to transfer videos from iPhone to Windows 7 as the fancy apps like iCloud or Dropbox aren't available on Windows OS, but it does come with an AutoPlay function which is designed to transfer videos or any data from other devices. The follow-up of the procedure is mentioned below…
1. Needless to say, when you are connecting your iPhone with your PC, you need to install iTunes for Windows on your Computer, otherwise, the OS would not recognize the external device.
2. After the installation, connect your iPhone to the Windows PC with a USB cable.
3. The computer will take a few moments to recognize the device then the AutoPlay will be launched automatically.
4. On the AutoPlay panel, you will see various options, click on the option "Import Pictures and Videos"
5. Now, a new window will be opened, you can browse through your PC and select the place where you want to download the videos.
6. Now, that your download path is set, click OK to finally import the videos.
If you face any problem during the process, try after upgrading the PC driver.
For Windows 8/10, use Photos App:
The newer versions of Windows, such as 8 and 10 come with an additional option, aside from the AutoPlay. It is called the Photos App and it works with every model of iPhones 5/5S/6/6S/7/8 and even X. The process to transfer data through Photos App is mentioned below…
1. First of all, install iTunes for Windows on your PC, otherwise, this method won't work.
2. Now, connect your iPhone and Windows PC with a USB cable.
3. Give your PC some time to recognize the device, after that the Photo App will be launched automatically.
4. Click on it and a new window will be opened, which will contain all of the picture and videos on the device and on the top right-hand side of the window you will see an Import button.
5. Click on the Import button then select the videos you want to send then click Continue below.
The selected photos will be imported to your PC right away. So, this is how to put videos from iPhone to computer using USB connection.
So, in this article, we have listed the most valuable options that you can go if you want to transfer videos. To assist you further, we have detailed every step comprehensively. In case you are wondering "how do I transfer videos from iPhone to computer?", and you are eager to know the most effective option here, our recommendation would be Tenorshare iCareFone hands down! It is the best one here and no other option can come close to what it does and what it offers. Go for it!
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!