Top 5 Methods to Import iPhone Videos to Mac
There can be multiple reasons to send videos from iPhone to Mac. One of the most important factors being storage; thanks to limited internal storage and no option to expand externally users inevitably opt for transferring large videos to Mac. And the other being saving, managing and sharing options when it comes to Mac. So, this is quite a common query among iPhone and iPad users alike. As there is a demand for this, there are a number of apps and methods that one can follow to make it happen. But the problem comes at the time of choosing which method to go for? So, to help you out with this decision, we have compiled a list of the most effective methods on how to import videos from iPhone to Mac without data loss.
- Part 1: The Easiest Way to Import Videos from iPhone to Mac
- Part 2: Other Approaches to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
Part 1: The Easiest Way to Import Videos from iPhone to Mac
Tenorshare iCareFone is one of the easiest programs out there which is specifically designed to transfer videos or any type of data without Wi-Fi or Internet. The interface is very user-friendly and transfer speeds are supremely fast. You have the option to selectively choose videos or opt for bulk transfers. It can transfer any type of video from camera roll, WhatsApp videos, downloaded videos, movies etc. There is no storage limitation and files will be accessible after transfer, compatible with 2-way transfer and last but not the least, it also supports both Mac and Windows.
Follow the steps to use Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac:
1. Download and launch the Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac software.
2. Connect your iPhone and Mac via USB
3. Wait for detection, and go to "File Manager" on the main interface and tap Videos option.
4. Now, this software will fetch all of your videos on your iPhone automatically
5. Select the desired videos to transfer and click the "Export" button to start the process.
The exported videos will be sent to your Mac now. It is extremely fast and you can expect it within minutes. So, this is how to import videos from iPhone to MacBook Pro/iMac/MacBook/Air etc. using Tenorshare iCareFone. The software can also backup and restore data, fix iOS stuck issues, etc. Don't miss it!
Part 2: Other Approaches to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
The above method is a third-party app, which excels in almost everything. But if you are a bit worried about using third-party apps, you can go for Apple certified apps as discussed below. Keep in mind; these methods are far less effective when compared to iCareFone and all of them comes with certain limitations that can hinder proper working and overall experience. Nonetheless, they are effective in their own ways and are viable solutions used by many users for a long time now.
Method 1: Download Video from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
iCloud service is an integral part of iOS. It has been specifically designed to do certain functions that make the user experience of iOS devices better and more effective. Apart from storing data in Cloud, iCloud also lets you sync videos and photos between any iOS device with the help of iCloud Photo Library. So, it can import videos from iPhone to Mac if activated on both cases. So, it does the job automatically with the help of Wi-Fi and that also brings the question of a mandatory stable Wi-Fi connection for proper working. Keeping that in mind, follow the steps now:
Turn on iCloud Photo Library on iPhone:
1. On iPhone, navigate to "Settings" and connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi
2. Tap your name and then go to "iCloud"
3. Now, choose "Photos" and turn on the "iCloud Photo Library" feature. For iOS 10 users, go to "Photos & Camera" and get "iCloud Photo Library"
Turn on iCloud Photo Library on Mac:
1. First, connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as above.
2. Now, launch the Photo app and tap Photos
3. Navigate to "System Preferences" and go to "iCloud"
4. Find and enable "iCloud Photo Library" here.
Now, you have successfully activated iCloud Photo Library on both devices. Now, whenever you are connected to Wi-Fi, it will sync all of your photos and videos to your Mac. The transfer speeds are usually slow and depend on Wi-Fi and the number of photos and videos you have on the device. You will get the synced videos if you launch the Photos app on Mac. You can also import video from Mac to iPhone as well with this method. Also, keep in mind, the biggest con about this method is the fact that it only gives you 5 GB of free space. So, manage your storage accordingly if you want to use it or pay for more storage.
Method 2: Get Videos from iPhone to Mac with Photos App
If you have used iPhoto in the past, then the Photos app will seem similar to you. It is basically iPhoto on steroids! It is a new app and supported across all iOS devices like Mac, iPhone, iPad etc. It helps you manage, edit and share media especially videos and photos with ease. Similar to iPhoto, it comes with a better interface which is much more intuitive and has some added benefits when it comes to file management and transfers. The ways to use Photos App are as follows:
1. First, launch Photos App on Mac and launch the program right away
2. Plug in your iPhone to Mac via USB
3. Tap on "Import" and select the videos you want to transfer from the list And that's it!
This is how to import videos from iPhone to Mac using Photos. So, when it comes to copying videos from iPhone X/8/8Plus/7/7Plus/6/6S/5/5S/SE to Mac, the Photos app is a good option. If you are using iPhoto, you can follow the same steps as above.
Method 3: Import Videos from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
AirDrop is not new to recent iOS device users. It is a wireless form of data transfer and it has proven very effective. It can send your iPhone videos to Mac just with the help of Wi-Fi. So, you will need a stable and fast Wi-Fi or Internet connection to work as it is designed. The transfer speed also depends on your Internet connection as well. Here's how to use AirDrop for video transfers:
1. Keep both your iPhone and MacBook connected to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Mac, open the Finder and choose AirDrop. Now, select "Everyone" in the discovery settings.
3. Now, similarly on your iPhone, open control center, turn on Airdrop and tap on "Everyone".
4. Now, simply open the Photos app and choose the videos for Airdrop to Mac and tap Share.
5. Accept on Mac when prompted
This will start the transfer process immediately. So, this is how to use Airdrop to send videos from iPhone to Mac. This is also a vital method to import videos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly.
Method 4: Copy Video from iPhone to Mac with Image Capture
Apple designed Image Capture to help you to upload, edit, share and manage media like photos and videos from digital cameras, storage drives etc. But the hidden feature of this app is the ability to control the whole system when you connect your iPhone or iPad to Mac. Not known to many, this is a viable option to import videos from iPhone to Mac and here's how to do it:
1. Plug in iPhone with Mac using the original USB cable provided by Apple
2. Launch Image Capture on Mac.
3. Choose your iPhone from the device list
4. Now, choose the videos and enter a path to save the transferred videos
5. Just tap "Import" and that will start transfer
Image Capture is a secure way to transfer videos and can be very helpful when required.
All, in all, here are our top methods to get iPhone videos to Mac. Some of the methods are completely wireless and some are not. So, choose what suits your requirements the best. In case, you want our opinion, without any doubt it is Tenorshare iCareFone. The features it provides, the effectiveness, and the value it offers to the users, is simply too good to be true. It wins the crown when compared to every method here at all our tests and trials and thus we conclude it as the winner here.
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!