4 Best Methods to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone
It is very normal for iPhone users to watch TV-episodes or Movies on the device, but they do not download them on the iPhones rather they transfer them from their home computers like Mac or Windows PC. Compared to music files it is easier to transfer video files from computers to iPhones but as usual, it is a bit difficult to transfer from a Windows PC. There are various apps to transfer from Mac to iPhones; you have iTunes, Dropbox etc. But the PC situation is a bit complicated. You can also do it with iTunes but the PC version of the app is very slow. So it is better to use a third-party app. So, if you want to know how to get videos from computer to iPhone, then read the rest of the article below.
- Way 1: How to Get Videos from PC/Mac to iPhone using iTunes
- Way 2: How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone using iCareFone
- Way 3: How to Copy Videos from PC to iPhone using Dropbox
- Way 4: How to Send Videos from Computer to iPhone using Airdrop (Mac Only)
Way 1: How to Get Videos from PC/Mac to iPhone using iTunes
iTunes has a variety of functions and it is widely used by users across the globe. One of the widely used functions of the app is to transfer videos or other data from device to device. It basically uses the sync function to transfer data and it is a viable option indeed. The steps are a bit complicated, and they are mentioned below:
1. First, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
2. Once it is confirmed, run the app and connect your iPhone and computer.
3. On the iTunes window, click on the “File” option on the top and select “Add to Library”.
4. Now, select the video file or folder and tap Open to add to iTunes.
5. Then click on the “Movies” tab on the left.
6. Lastly, click “Sync Movies” and then click “Apply”.
The video files will be transferred. As you can see, iTunes will transfer your video files from your computer to your iPhone. Needless to say, that this is a very efficient and free option but the steps are a bit difficult so, follow them properly. Also, iTunes is supported by both Mac and Windows PC, so, this process can be applied to both operating systems.
But keep in mind, syncing videos with the help of iTunes will lead to deletion of existing data.
Way 2: How to transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone using iCareFone
If you do not know how to copy videos from PC to iPhone then try using Tenorshare iCareFone. It is a third-party software designed to transfer videos or any kind of files from device to device. It boasts some stellar features which can easily put other apps to shame. You can easily transfer any kind of video files irrespective of size and amount.
Currently there are many cloud apps provide services to sync files between devices, and they rely heavily on steady internet, therefore they will be more suitable for small batch transfer, whicle iCareFone can just about transfer anything and everything without Wi-Fi. The steps to use Tenorshare iCareFone are very simple but still, they are mentioned below for your convenience.
1. Install and run the Tenorshare iCareFone software.
2. Now, connect your iPhone and computer.
3. After the software detects the iPhone, navigate to “Manage”.
4. On the next window, click on “Videos”.
5. Then click on the “Import” option on the top of the window and the selected files will be transferred.
Tenorshare iCareFone is mostly famous for its simplicity and convenience. It will only take three steps to complete the task and the methods are the same for all kinds of data. Also if you are looking for how to move videos from iPhone to PC, which is the exact opposite of what we discussed above, still it can be done with Tenorshare iCareFone.
Way 3: How to Copy Videos from PC to iPhone using Dropbox
Dropbox is a file hosting service, developed by an independent American company in 2011. The app offers various features from Cloud Service to File Synchronization etc. Over the years the app has gained a lot of followers with its efficiency and convenience. The app comes free of cost, although there is a paid premium version. The free version provides 2GB of Cloud storage for each user but the paid version provides up to 1TB. Needless to say, if you want to transfer video from PC to iPhone then read the Dropbox instructions below:
1. Download and install Dropbox on your PC.
2. Run the app and Sign-in to your Dropbox account.
3. Choose the videos and upload it to the dedicated Dropbox folder on your PC. This folder comes with the initial subscription. This leads to a direct transfer to your Dropbox account.
4. Now that the videos have been uploaded to your Dropbox account. Go to your iPhone and download Dropbox from Apple Store.
5. Open the Dropbox account from there and look for the “Download” option on the drop menu.
6. Download the videos on your iPhone.
Dropbox works similar to the Cloud services provided by Apple but it is more simple and efficient. So, now you can stop searching for how to get videos from PC to iPhone on the internet and use Dropbox to transfer the files immediately.
Way 4: How to Send Videos from Computer to iPhone using Airdrop (Mac Only)
One of the most amazing apps, launched with the new MacOS X is called AirDrop. This app is able to transfer data wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network. As it transfers data wirelessly you have to keep both of the devices within 30 feet of each other. If you are still confused about how to send videos from computer to iPhone using AirDrop, then read the instructions below.
1. On your Mac launch Finder.
2. You will find AirDrop inside the Go menu, tap on it to launch.
3. Now, the AirDrop window will open, Bluetooth will be turned on automatically as soon as AirDrop is turned on. Select Everyone.
4. Now, on your iPhone, go to Control Center and launch the Airdrop. Choose “Everyone”.
5. On your Mac, the AirDrop window will feature the nearby users, drag and drop video or videos on your iPhone’s image.
6. Finally, on receiving the files, tap “Accept” on your iPhone.
As you can see, this is a great app. Unfortunately is it not suitable to transfer large files. The app transfers data using a Wi-Fi network, so, if the network is weak or gets interrupted every few minutes, then you won’t be able to transfer any files. So, before you begin transferring videos, you need to find a strong and suitable Wi-Fi network or you can just use your mobile data.
Finally, I can say that the 4 methods I have discussed in the article are the best ways to transfer your video files to your iPhone. iTunes app is effective for both Mac and Windows PC. The third-party app Dropbox provides cloud services; you can easily download your files on any devices of your choice. AirDrop is a MacOS app, so you do not have to look far to find it, the app provides a fast wireless service that transfers data between iOS devices. Lastly, Tenorshare iCareFone, as per my usage, it is rightfully considered one of the best apps of this generation. It supports both Mac and Windows; so, if you get this app you do not have to worry about anything.