4 Best Options to Upload iPhone Photos to Mac Wirelessly
There are many reasons why you may need to transfer data from your iPhone to other devices, maybe you are short of storage space or you are just going to update your iOS but the transfer process is not as simple as it sounds. iOS was not designed to share or receive data but in recent days various apps are designed to make it easier for the users. Apps like AirDrop and Dropbox are providing wireless support whereas iCloud and iTunes are also close by and they are syncing data between devices wirelessly. There are some third-party apps which are also providing excellent service. So, when it comes to how to upload photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly, you only get these few options, they are detailed below…
- Recommended: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
- Option 1: Upload Photos from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
- Option 2: Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
- Option 3: Upload Pictures from iPhone to Mac by Email
- Option 4: Send Photos from iPhone to Mac via iMessage
Recommended: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Even though there is no shortage of Apple affiliated data transfer apps, still there are a few third-party apps available which can make your jaw drop. Tenorshare iCareFone is one of the very few excellent third-party apps. The interface of the app is user-friendly and the transfer speeds are significantly faster than other methods. It doesn't need Wi-Fi connectivity and offers no storage limitations as well. You can choose this over other methods like iTunes or iCloud just for the fact that the transferred files will be fully readable and accessible. The app supports both Mac and Windows PC, and the steps to use it are mentioned below…
1. Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac.
2. Run the app.
3. Now, get a USB cable and connect your iPhone X/8/7/7Plus/6/6Plus/5/5S/SE etc and Mac.
4. It will take a moment before Mac recognizes the device.
5. Now, go to "File Manager" and click on "Photos".
6. In the "Photos" you will find all of your photo collection from your iPhone, preview and select the ones you want.
7. Finally click on the "Export" button to send them.
It is very easy to manage Tenorshare iCareFone, and this is how to upload pictures from iPhone to Mac using this software. The performance of the app is far superior to other apps available at this moment. The app is fast, secure and simple. Its data transfer function works in both ways and it can fix your iOS from Recovery mode, Black screen etc as well. It is an all in one app that provides major support across platforms.
Option 1: Upload Photos from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
Airdrop basically is a wireless data transfer app which is able to transfer your data from iPhone to Mac within a few seconds. The app is very fast and efficient and also keeps your data secure. But being a wireless form of transfer, it demands a steady Internet or Wi-Fi connection to work efficiently or else it will fail. The steps on how to upload pics from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop are mentioned as follows:
1. Connect iPhone and Mac to same Wi-Fi network
2. Turn on Airdrop on iPhone and tap "Everyone" in settings.
3. Open the Finder on Mac and again tap on Airdrop. Similarly, hit "Everyone".
4. Open Camera Roll on iPhone and select the desired picture for Airdrop
5. Tap Share
AirDrop is a very efficient wireless app. You only need to activate your Wi-Fi and set up Airdrop before starting the transfer. Also be sure to keep both of the devices in a close proximity.
Option 2: Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
iCloud is a very useful and popular mode of photo transfer. It is mainly used to sync photos on multiple iDevices. Like if you want to sync photos from your iPhone to your Mac, iCloud Photo Library is the best option you will ever find when compared to iTunes syncing. So, to begin with, you have to activate the function on both the devices to upload photos from iPhone to Mac. Here are the steps below:
Turn on iCloud Photo Library on iPhone:
1. Just go to Settings and connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Then tap on your name visible on the top and then tap on "iCloud"
3. Now, go to "Photos" and swipe the toggle switch for "iCloud Photo Library" to activate it.
Turn on iCloud Photo Library on Mac:
1. Connect your Mac to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Then run the Photos App and click on the "Photos" option on the top.
3. Next, go to "System Preferences" and look for "iCloud" Tab.
4. Among the options, you will find "iCloud Photo Library", click on the box beside to turn it on.
Immediately after you activate the iCloud Photo Library on both your devices it will take a few hours to sync all of your photos. You can check the progress bar on the iCloud panel and the photos by opening the Photos app. Keep in mind, iCloud will use the allocated 5GB free storage space provided by them, if you need bigger space then you must pay for it.
Option 3: Upload Pictures from iPhone to Mac by Email
Uploading or sending picture via Email also falls under wireless transfer. This is a very old school method, used by people like a decade ago. Still this method is very safe and easy and used by many people from time to time. If you want to send pictures via Email then follow the steps below…
1. Open camera roll and select the photos you want to send.
2. Tap on the Share button. A list will be opened, select the "Mail" option from the list.
3. Now, just type the Email address on the new email window and tap send to transfer the selected pictures
Overall, this is an exceptionally straightforward and safe medium of data transfer. Unfortunately you can only transfer small bytes of data, nothing more and extravagant. Not suitable for bulk transfers at all!
Option 4: Send Photos from iPhone to Mac via iMessage
If you are not going to use any third-party apps or iCloud and AirDrop are not cutting it but you still want to transfer photos wirelessly, then you can simply iMessage them. And of course, if you want this to work then you need to activate iMessage on your Mac as well. The best part of this app is after you set up the same account on Mac, you can freely send photos between the two devices with ease. The steps are as follows:
1. Open the Messages app on MacBook Pro/Air/iMac/iMac Pro
2. Now, navigate to "Preferences" under "Messages" menu
3. Now, click on the "Accounts" tab.
4. Then you will be asked for your Apple ID, provide it.
5. After you have logged-in you can activate "Enable this account" option.
6. Select the photos from Camera Roll and tap the share icon to send to Messages app. Enter the Apple account to receive it on your Mac.
Frankly speaking, transferring photos from iDevice to iDevice is not as difficult if you choose your tools carefully and know how to use them. All of the apps we mentioned above works extremely well and efficiently. But if you do not know the right way to use them you will be faced with a lot of difficulties and thus this detailed guide can help you in every step of your way. These are the most comprehensive and effective methods on how to upload photos from iPhone to Macbook. In case, you want to know the best out of these all methods, simply go for the highly recommended Tenorshare iCareFone. Stellar software!
If you like this detailed guide, do comment and share!!