How to Take Photos from iPhone to Computer
iPhone's camera is reaching its excellence by the release of every new iPhone model and due to the high-resolution camera the pictures you take with your iPhone catch up a lot of memory on your device and then barely there are some gigabytes are left to save movies, music, and apps. Most probably you will never like to delete your photos from your iPhone just for the sake of freeing up some space. A way around is that you can transfer your photos and videos to your PC and then you can delete those pics from your iPhone. This article guides about methods and ways that how to take photos off iPhone to a computer.
- Part 1: How to Take Photos off iPhone to PC
- Part 2: How to Take Photos from iPhone to Mac
- Part 3: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Computer the Easiest Way
Part 1: How to Take Photos off iPhone to PC
In this part, you will get to know about 2 methods for taking photos off iPhone to PC. The first way to take photos from iPhone to PC is by using File Explorer and the other way to transfer your iPhone pictures is done by iCloud. Let's get started.
Way 1: Move Photos from iPhone to PC with File Explorer (Windows 7/8/10)
The very easy and common way of moving photos off iPhone to PC is using Autoplay or File Explorer. Here is how it works. Note that you must have iTunes preinstalled on your computer. Here is how it works:
1. Connect your iPhone via USB cable and wait for a moment for device recognition by PC.
2. Once it's done, a pop of your iPhone folders will appear or you can visit My Computer and click on iPhone which will be under Portable devices section.
3. Open Internal Storage and find the folder named DCIM.
4. Copy and paste all the photos and then delete them from iPhone folder.
Way 2: Download Photos from iPhone to PC with iCloud
Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating when you want to transfer photos to your PC via Autoplay method because most of the time PC does not recognize the device because of different USB cables or maybe iPhone works well with the Mac OS rather than Windows.
So if you want to take photos from iPhone to PC then the iCloud app is a good solution to the problem.
How to sync photos with iCloud?
1. Install iCloud software on your PC from apple support website.
2. Open iCloud and log in with your Apple ID.
3. The system will send you a verification code on the iPhone> enter the code and continue.
4. In the iCloud window click "Options" next to "Photos" >''My Photo Stream">click "Done".
5. More, set your iPhone to use the My Photo Stream. Go to Settings>name> tap iCloud> tap Photos > make sure "My Photo Stream" is turned "On".
6. Your photos and videos will be automatically uploaded to all iCloud devices when connected to Wi-Fi.
7. Now, on your PC, go to This PC > iCloud Photos > Downloads and select the photos you want to move.
Part 2: How to Take Photos from iPhone to Mac
In this part, we will guide you about how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac computer, iMac, Mac Book Pro/Air, Mac Mini.
Way 1: Airdrop Photos from iPhone to Mac
Airdrop is the fastest and an efficient way to wirelessly transfer files and get photos off iPhone to Mac. Airdropping from your iPhone 6, 7, 8 or iPhone X is too easy. But the fact is that many iPhone users don't even know about this feature, not even you can share photos from your iPhone to Mac PC but you can even send videos, notes, and other media files very easily. For Airdropping from iOS to Mac OS you must install a new version of iOS 11 on the iPhone 6, 7 because iPhone 8 and X already have the latest versions. Now let's see how you can airdrop photos from your iPhone to Mac, Mac Air Book etc.
1. First, make sure that both devices can use Airdrop feature.
2. Turn on Airdrop feature on Mac by navigating it from the "Finder" in the menu bar.
3. On iOS devices (iPhone 7, 8, X, iPad etc) open control center just by swiping up from bottom screen. You will see Airdrop over there.
4. To receive files from all other parties you can check "Allow me to be discovered by Everyone" at the bottom of the Airdrop window feature.
5. Select on images you want to send to Mac and tap Airdrop and then share it with your Mac PC's address in the recipient list and done.
6. If the receiver device is signed in with your iCloud account the pictures you are sending are automatically accepted and saved. On the Mac Pc, these received items are saved to the ''Download folder".
Else, if you have Airdrop items from Mac to iPhone then photos will appear in Photos section and web pages will appear in Safari browser.
Way 2: Import Pictures from iPhone to Mac with Photos App:
If you have Mac OS X Yosemite, you must have noticed that your launch pad has a new featured app named ''Photos" which has replaced the old Aperture and iPhoto app with a library manager and an editor. This new feature can also be used to export photos from iPhone devices to Mac computer. Let's see how it's done.
1. Start Photos App on your Mac.
2. Connect iPhone to Mac with USB cable.
3. Click on "Import" tab.
4. Select photos which you want to transfer to Mac.
5. Click import all items to transfer photos to Mac.
Part 3: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Computer the Easiest Way
Tenorshare iCareFone is one of the top available software apps on the market which helps you transfer photos from iPhone to Computer but it also helps you get rid of iPhone related issues. Tenorshare iCareFone has some awesome features with cool advantages. Let's see what the best app has got in it.
Features and Advantages:
- Transfer multiple photos once at a moment; you can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac or PC or PC to iPhone as well.
- Does not have any restrictions like iCloud and photos can also be transferred using USB cable, no Apple ID required.
- Very easy to use with a user-friendly interface and it supports different photo formats for e.g. JPG, PNG, HEIC etc.
- Offers features like backup, restore, iOS cleanup and repair, ad remover, and so on.
Now let's check tow to use Tenorshare iCareFone to import photos from iPhone to computer.
1. First, run Tenorshare iCareFone app on your Mac or PC and connect your phone via USB cable.
2. Open iCareFone> click File manger.
3. Choose Photos option> you will find the photos of your iPhone.
4. Select photos you want to transfer to your PC and click on "Export" option (at the top left menu bar).
5. After transfer, these photos will be available in your computer.
So, I believe that you have got some answers for how to take pictures from iPhone to PC with several different ways and different apps, where Tenorshare iCareFone is the smartest among all the methods, within a blink of an eye all of your data is transferred to your PC with iCareFone. Just give it a trial if you are interested in it.