Best Methods to Move iPhone Photos to Mac
Fundamentally, it is very easy to download photos from iPhone to a Mac. But there are so many apps and so many ways to do it, and thus most of the times users get confused. Well, it is actually not their fault, every new app that comes to the market comes with the promise to provide the best possible service one can imagine. Unfortunately, it is not true, only a few selected apps do so. So, if your query is to find out how to move photos from iPhone to Mac then follow this detailed article and find out the best possible choices so that you can do it on your own without any issues whatsoever.
- Part 1: The Best Way to Move Photos from iPhone to Mac
- Part 2: Other Feasible Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Part 1: The Best Way to Move Photos from iPhone to Mac
If you are looking for that ultimate app where you do not have to worry about any data loss or crashes and you expect one-click data transfer completely hassle-free, then you should go for the Tenorshare iCareFone program right now. Tenorshare iCareFone is a third-party app designed in such a way that users or anyone can control it easily. The app provides significantly faster transfer speeds and it is secure as well. It comes with Mac and Windows compatibility and most importantly, it doesn't need any Internet support to work. It can work completely offline and move photos from iPhone to Mac selectively or in bulk with ease. Here's how to use this amazing software:
1. Download the free app and install it from the official website.
2. Run Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac.
3. Now, connect both of the devices with a USB cable.
4. Mac will detect the iPhone in few seconds.
5. After that navigate to "File Manager" and then click on "Photos".
6. After selecting the photos, finally, click on the "Export" option to start downloading the pictures.
As you can see the process is very simple, Tenorshare iCareFone is developed to be helpful and extremely effective to the users. It is also user-friendly and provides a lot of other functions aside from transferring data like fix iOS stuck issues, backup and restore etc. A versatile app indeed!
Part 2: Other Feasible Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
If you are looking for other efficient ways to send or download your pictures from iPhone to your Mac, then you can probably look forward to using a few simple and efficient Apple certified apps like Image Capture or Photos App, Preview etc. These particular apps come with a simple interface and straightforward guidelines. They are safe to use and but comes with some limitations here and there. Nonetheless, it can suffice your photo transferring needs easily.
Method 1: Photos App
Many iPhone users use Photos app to download their valuable pictures from one iDevice to another. Photos App not only help you download your pictures but also helps you to organize them into categories in order to find them easily and efficiently. Here's how to move pictures from iPhone to Mac with Photos app:
You need to have iTunes pre-installed in your Mac. This is mandatory for the proper working of the Photos app.
1. So, if you do not have iTunes on your Mac then download and install the latest version.
2. Now, connect your iDevices, namely iPhone and Mac with a USB cable.
3. On the Photos App panel click on the "Import" tab in order to select the photos.
4. After selection, you will be able to download the pictures on Mac.
This app also allows you to download your whole photo collection to Mac. Although it is an updated version of iPhoto, its performance is way better because of its simple interface and fast transferring capability.
Method 2: Image Capture
If you are looking for a simple Apple certified way on how to move photos from iPhone to Macbook then you need Image Capture. It is basically a free app from Apple. Image Capture allows users to upload photos from iPhone, it provides a straightforward interface and also organizes your photo collection. It secretly manages all devices that connect to your computer as well. This is how to use it:
1. Connect the iPhone and Mac with a USB cable.
2. Open your Mac and run the Image Capture app.
3. After running the app a list of options will be opened.
4. Choose iPhone option.
5. Then select a destination for the downloaded files.
6. Lastly, tap on "Import" to begin the downloading to Mac.
No wonder Image Capture has gained a lot of followers these days. If transferring data is free, simple and also if it comes without the risk of data damage; users will definitely go for this app.
Method 3: Preview App
This also an Apple supported app but it only supports MacOS. This app can also work as a PDF viewer. Preview app provides a safe and simple method to download your photos from iPhone to Mac.
1. First, connect the iPhone and Mac with a USB cable.
2. Run the Preview app on your Mac.
3. On the panel go to the upper left corner and click on "File".
4. Then, select "Import from your iPhone" option.
5. Now, you can transfer all photos or selectively choose from your iPhone
6. After choosing the images, provide the download destination for them
With the added PDF viewing function, Preview app is a useful app. Also, the import and export function of the app is very straightforward and efficient as well.
Method 4: Airdrop
AirDrop provides a fast and efficient service to the users. Among all the Apple certified apps AirDrop downloads file wirelessly from one device to another with the help of Wi-Fi or Internet. And when it comes to Internet, a steady connection is a must-have or else it can cause trouble while transfers. The app is fairly new in the App Store, so the photo downloading process is mentioned below:
1. For iOS 11 users, turning on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can automatically activate the Airdrop functionality of the device. You can also do it manually by going inside Control center for iOS 10 and earlier devices.
2. After launching the app, carefully select "Everyone" from the list
3. Now, go to your Mac, launch Airdrop and similarly select "Everyone"
4. Choose the required images for Airdrop, from the camera roll of your iPhone.
5. Now, just tap on Share
6. Accept when prompted and save to Mac
So, here's how to move pictures from iPhone to Mac by Airdrop.
While using AirDrop, remember that this is a new app that requires a fairly newer model of iDevices. Your Bluetooth has to be enabled and the sender and receiver devices have been in close proximity to each other.
Method 5: iMessage
Developed by Apple, iMessage was designed to work as a medium of conversation between iOS users. Although iMessage is performing its primary purpose actively, users are experimenting with its secondary function which is data transfer as well. iMessage has proven very effective when it comes to downloading photos from iPhone to Mac.
1. Open your MacBook/MacBook Pro/Air/iMac/iMac Pro and go to messages.
2. Then, navigate to "Preferences" and click on the "Accounts" tab.
3. Now, provide your Apple ID when prompted.
4. The ID will let you log-in, after that check the "Enable this account" option.
5. On your iPhone, select the photos you want to transfer and tap the share icon. You will get prompt to send to Message App, where you can enter the same Apple ID address to receive on your Mac.
Although iMessage was not designed for data transferring, still it performs great by letting the users send and receive photos, videos and small bytes of data without much fuss.
Method 6: Email
In case you are wondering "How do I move photos from iPhone to Mac?" Email is possibly the oldest and the simplest way to move data from iPhone to a Mac. In this modern era where everyone is using different apps to satisfy their needs, Email function can still be effective and this is how you can take advantage of Email:
1. Unlock your iPhone X/8/7/7Plus/6/6S/5/5S/SE etc and open camera roll
2. After that, select the photos you want to send and then tap on "Share".
3. Among the options choose "Mail".
4. The Email tab will be opened; just type the receiver's Email address, in this case, it is you and just tap "Send".
5. Now, download the required photos from email attachment by logging in into your email account from Mac or target computer.
This may be an old method but it is very effective and secure. Unfortunately, you won't be able to send large bytes of data through this process and this is the only con of this method in particular.
Finally, the 6 apps mentioned above are all Apple supported apps. They provide users with genuine safety and friendly interface to make photo transfer and other operations easier. But the third-party app, Tenorshare iCareFone is in a different league altogether when it comes to effectiveness and overall workability. The app is free, it is simple and most importantly it is an all-in-one app that is purely meant for a question like "How to move all photos from iPhone to Mac?" The app can transfer your data to a different iDevice and vice-versa and also can fix any system crashes faced by the iOS system. Now, this is rare and thus highly recommended!!
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!