[Best Solutions!] How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive
I have an iPhone. How can I copy my photos to a pocket flash drive before deleting them to free up space on the phone?
Taking Photos are the way people record their lives, and iPhone, with its amazing built-in camera, has become a choice for many people to take photos. But too many photos take up too much storage space.
As a result, you may need to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive to keep the backup, and then remove the photos from your device to free up space. However, Apple doesn't offer iOS users a direct way to transfer photos from iPhone to USB flash drive. Don't worry, in the following guide, we'll show you how to transfer photos from iPhone to USB flash drive.
- Part 1: The Fastest Way Transfer Photos from iPhone to a Flash Drive - Tenorshare iCareFone
- Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive on Mac
- Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive on Windows
- Part 4: FAQ about Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive
Part 1: The Fastest Way Transfer Photos from iPhone to a Flash Drive - Tenorshare iCareFone
The fastest way to transfer photos from iPhone to a flash drive is to use Tenorshare iCareFone, it not only can 1-click transfer photos to flash drive from iPhone, but also can selectively transfer photos from iPhone to a flash drive. So it is your unique choice.
Way 1: 1-Click Transfer Photos from iPhone to USB Flash Drive
If you want to transfer all photos on your device to USB flash drive. You can use ‘One-click to Export Photos to PC’ feature of Tenorshare iCareFone. And here are how to use it!
Download and install it on your computer, then connect your iPhone with it via USB cable, after that, select "One-click Export Photos to PC" on the main interface.
All the photos on your iPhone, including shot by your device or downloaded online, will automatically be transferred to your computer.
When the transfer process is completed, the destination folder will pop up. All your photos will be stored by original folder.
- Plug in your flash drive to computer, find the photos from the above destination folder, copy and paste or drag and drop them in your flash drive.
Way 2: Selectively Transfer Photos A Flash Drive from iPhone
If you just want to transfer those photos you want to USB flash drive . You can use ‘Manage’ feature of Tenorshare iCareFone. Below are detailed steps:
- Plug in your flash drive to computer.
Download and install it on your computer, connect your iPhone with it via USB cable, after that, select "Manage" from the top menu.
Then click ‘Photo’ in the left sidebar, choose the photos you want to export.
Tap on the "Export" button and select your USB flash drive.
After knowing the fastest and simplest method, next we introduce other methods for you!
Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive on Mac
If your computer is Mac, you can use the free Photos app to help you transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive and no need to download app. But this app only supports transferring Camera Roll photos. And if you are operating an older system of the Mac may not have the new Photos app, but the older iPhoto instead.
- Using iOS USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- The Photos app will open automatically, but if it doesn’t, you can open the software manually.
- Tracking children also leads to children being constantly anxious that they are being watched at all times. This constant anxiety leads to mental disturbance and affect the children capabilities.
It will show you all your iPhone photos. Select the photos you want to transfer and click on the ‘Import Selected’ button. You can also select ‘Import All New Items’, if you want to transfer only recent photos.
- After last process, connect your USB flash drive to Mac.
- Then copy and paste or drag and drop the photos in your flash drive.
- You cannot transfer photos albums from iPhone to USB flash drive.
- It doesn’t support to transfer the videos of Photos app on iPhone to computer.
Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive on Windows
This method is mainly about how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive on Windows. Before we start, we need to tell you that this way can only transfer Camera Roll photos on your iPhone. But you don’t need to download app and it cost free.
- Connect your iPhone to the Windows computer via USB cable, then open it as a portable device.
Please tap on Internal Storage folder, later open the ‘DCIM’ folder.
- Plug in your USB flash drive, then Copy all the photos you need from the DCIM folder, and paste them to your USB drive.
- You can’t see your pictures’ date. So it is hard to find the photos you want because you need to open every folder until you find the one you want.
- You cannot view the photos by albums and transfer albums directly to flash drive.
- It doesn't support HEIC photos.
After reading this article, I think you have known how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive. Although these methods all can help you, but Tenorshare iCareFone can help you both selectively and 1-click transfer photos. And it also has the simplest steps which consume your a little time! If you choose it, it will be your best data transfer helper, and never regret it!
FAQ about Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive
Q1: If you can't import photos from your iPhone, how to Solve it?
Please make sure your iPhone is On and unlocked, and your iPhone must trust the computer. Then check your USB cable is not loose. If you still can’t import photos from your iPhone, restart your iPhone and computer.
Q2: How do I transfer iPhone photos to a USB without a PC or laptop?
Connect your iPhone to the FileHub Wi-Fi, start the FileHub App. Click on My Device. Click Manage and then select the photos you want to transfer to the USB. Then select the USB and click OK.