Best 5 Ways to Copy iPhone Pictures to Mac
There are a few great ways to safely copy photos from iPhone to Mac, but it is not easy to choose the right app to perform that task. Apple has flooded the market with various apps, most of them are useful but you have to choose the right one for the right purpose. Copying photos to your Mac can help you edit and share your precious photos easily and more effectively. This also ensures that you keep your photos safe and ready to be used anywhere anytime. So, if you want to know the whole photo transfer process from iPhone to Mac, the ways are elaborated in this article. So, lets' get started…
- Way 1: How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Mac with the Best iOS Transfer Tool
- Way 2: How to Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud Photo Library
- Way 3: How to Export Photos from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
- Way 4: How to Put Photos from iPhone to Mac by Photos App
- Way 5: How to Save Photos from iPhone to Mac with Image Capture
Way 1: How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Mac with the Best iOS Transfer Tool
When it comes to the best iOS data transfer tool, nothing can beat Tenorshare iCareFone. It is an all-in-one program with a full-fledged File Manager feature that can help manage and share data or in this case photos with ease. It is supported on both Mac and Windows and it works completely independent of Internet connectivity. It is the easiest transfer process now and anyone can do it thanks to its user-friendly interface. Here' s how to use Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac:
1. Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac.
2. Now, run the program on your Mac.
3. Then find a USB cable and connect your iPhone and Mac together.
4. It will take a few seconds for Mac to recognize the device and you will be greeted with the main interface.
5. Now, go to "File Manager" and click on the "Photos" option from the list.
6. In "Photos" you will find all the photos from your iPhone listed in chronological manner.
7. Select the ones you need and lastly, click on the "Export" button to send them.
All your chosen pictures will be transferred within seconds now. So, this is how to copy photos from iPhone to Mac with this software. More or less it is very easy to manage Tenorshare iCareFone. It supports all iOS operated devices and also boasts other useful functionalities as well such as backup and restore feature, fix all iOS stuck issues, iOS system repair, speed up and clean and a lot more.
Way 2: How to Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud Photo Library
The iCloud Photo Library feature of Apple has always been praised by the users. It works flawlessly and easily syncs all of your photos with iCloud which can be accessed from any iDevice you own. If your goal is to copy pictures from iPhone to Mac then you need to start by activating the feature on both of your devices. But before that, keep in mind, you only get 5Gb of free data storage space in iCloud and that's quite a headache. If you require bigger space then you must pay the fee to get it. Anyhow, here is the total procedure to activate iCloud Photo Library on both iPhone and Mac.
The activating process of iCloud Photo Library on an iPhone is pretty simple.
1. First, you need to go to your iPhone's "Settings" and connect to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Now, you need to enter "iCloud", tap on your name to confirm and enter "iCloud".
3. After that navigate to "Photos" and then to "iCloud Photo Library" toggle switch to activate it.
Activating iCloud Photo Library on Mac is a bit different. But in this case, you also have to start with connecting your Mac to the Wi-Fi network.
1. Run the Photos App on Mac and then choose the Photos option at the top.
2. Now, navigate to "Preferences" and find the "iCloud" tab.
3. After that a list of options will be available to you, you have to select the "iCloud Photo Library" option to turn it on.
The moment you activate the feature on both the devices, the photos will start syncing automatically. The process will require some time, but you can monitor the progress as you move on. This is how to copy pictures from iPhone to Mac using iCloud or more precisely with iCloud Photo Library.
Way 3: How to Export Photos from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
The new AirDrop app by Apple has made it possible for the users to share data from iPhone to Mac wirelessly. Although the app is not suitable to move a large number of files, if you have to move a handful of pictures then use AirDrop to move them fast and efficiently. Keep in mind, you will definitely need a fast and steady Wi-Fi connection all the way. Follow the steps below to use it:
1. Plug-in iPhone and Mac to the same network.
2. Turn on Airdrop on your iPhone and select "Everyone".
3. On your MacBook Pro/Air/iMac/iMac Pro, simply open Airdrop and select "Everyone"
4. Select the images you need from the Camera Roll.
5. Now, hit Share and receive on your Mac.
This is all you have to do to copy photos from iPhone to Macbook, fast with AirDrop.
Way 4: How to Put Photos from iPhone to Mac by Photos App
If you are using the older version of iOS on your Mac then you may not have Photos App but rather have its older version, namely, iPhoto. Both outdated and updated versions of the app work more or less the same, Photos App being just a bit faster and feature packed. The Photos app is basically a photo manager of Mac and Windows. It can help you edit, share and manage photos with ease.
So, if you are going to use Photos App to send photos from your iPhone to a Mac then:
1. First, you need to connect your Mac and iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7Plus/6/6S/5/5S/SE etc through a USB cable.
2. After the portable device is detected, Photos App will be launched automatically.
3. Now, on the Photos App panel click on iPhone on the left side on the panel, then all of your photo collection from your iPhone will be visible to you.
4. Select the pictures that you want to send then tap on the "Import" option on the top right corner of the panel.
The Photos App has been praised by a lot of users because of its simplicity and effectiveness and rightfully so! Keep in mind that it needs iTunes pre-installed on your Mac always.
Way 5: How to Save Photos from iPhone to Mac with Image Capture
Image Capture is a free app that comes with every MacOS. If you are looking for a bit simpler option to transfer your photos from iPhone to a Mac then you can use Image Capture. It takes care of all your devices that connect to your Mac secretly. Here's how to use Image Capture:
1. If you are going to use Image Capture to transfer your photos then first you need to get a USB cable to connect iPhone with the Mac.
2. Now, run Image Capture app.
3. On the Image Capture panel, there will be a list of connected devices, you have to choose iPhone from that list.
4. Then you have to open the Drop Menu and select a destination path for your files.
5. Finally, select specific pictures that you want to send and then click "Import" or if you want to send all of them, then click on "Import All".
This is how to copy photos from iPhone to Macbook using Image Capture.
So, here are our top 5 ways to copy pictures from iPhone to Mac. It can be said that all the Apple certified apps provide users with great services, but the third-party app Tenorshare iCareFone is better when it comes to workability and the added features it comes with. Although there are a few Apple developed apps that comes free of cost, this app is also free and its performance is faster than any of the Apple certified apps as per our rigorous tests. So, in this article, Tenorshare iCareFone take the crown. Highly recommended!
If you like this article, do share and comment!!