3 Best Ways to Copy iPhone Music to Mac
Many iOS users at some point in time get curious to transfer music from iPhone to Mac. There can be a number of reasons behind this like storage space issues, device compatibility, smooth audio experience etc. According to us, if you listen to your songs from your Mac, the overall experience is much for smoother and seamless when compared to an iPhone. This is because with a Mac you can easily manage your music, change to good quality speakers anytime and opt for a different experience altogether whenever the need be. So, if you are thinking about transferring music from your iPhone to Mac, we are here to help you with it. Follow this space carefully and you will get the job done in no time!
- Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to MacBook/iMac
- Part 2: How to Sync Music from iPhone to Mac using iTunes
- Part 3: How to Get Music from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to MacBook/iMac
Looking for the best way on how to transfer music from iPhone to Mac? We would highly encourage you to use the best, Tenorshare iCareFone. It is a one-stop solution for all your data transfer needs. It is undoubtedly the fastest and the most effective way to transfer music from an iPhone to Mac or Windows PC. Yes, it supports both Windows and Mac. Be it any type of music, it has got you covered. Here are some of the advantages it enjoys over other software and transfer methods:
- No Apple ID restrictions.
- Supports both purchased and non-purchased music
- No chance of data loss.
- Two-way transfer
- Fastest transfer speeds
- You can selectively choose music for transfer
- No Wi-Fi connection needed
- Allows to transfer 10 songs for free
Go through the following steps to use Tenorshare iCareFone to manage your music files right now:
1. First, download and install the Tenorshare iCareFone software on your MacBook/Air/Pro/iMac
2. Now, run the program and connect your iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus/8 Plus/6/6S/5/5S/5C to Mac with the help of a USB cable.
3. Find "File Manager" from the main interface and tap "Music"
4. All your iPhone music files will be listed now. Select the desired ones and send to your Mac by tapping "Export".
And it's done! This is how to sync music from iPhone to Mac using this amazing software. And this is how easy it is. Don't miss this software!
Part 2: How to Sync Music from iPhone to Mac using iTunes
The significance of the iTunes app in the whole iOS ecosystem is huge. It is still the primary app to sync and manage music on your iPhone and especially on your iPods. Without it, you will have to face a lot of difficulties as various functionalities of your devices depend on this app. It syncs data across all connected devices. There is also a way to manually transfer music from iPhone to Mac for free but here it only supports purchased music. Follow the steps below to use it now:
2. Launch iTunes on your Mac and connect your iPhone with a lightning/USB cable.
3. Now, navigate to "Files" on the taskbar and then open "Devices"
4. On the newly opened attached window, choose "Transfer Purchases from your iPhone (name)" option and this will automatically transfer the purchased music.
5. Now, you can go to "Recently Added" to download the music you need
This is how to how to get music from iPhone to Mac using iTunes. Keep in mind, iTunes only supports music purchased and downloaded from Apple Music or the iTunes Store. It doesn't support any un-purchased or 3rd party downloaded music.
Part 3: How to Get Music from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
iCloud Music Library is a part of iCloud services that specially deals with syncing music across iOS devices. If you activate iCloud Music Library on each device you own, you will be able to manage and copy music from iPhone to Mac easily. You get 5GB of free storage with iCloud irrespective of how many devices you have connected and that can be an issue. Nonetheless, to enjoy the functionalities of iCloud Music Library, you need to first activate it on respective devices and you should be logged in with the same Apple ID for music subscription.
Go through the following steps to do activate iCloud Music Library on iPhone:
1. Go to "Settings" and then to "Music". Open it and you will find the iCloud Music Library option inside. Enable it!
2. If your iPhone has music files already stored, you will be asked if you want to keep them. For that select the "Keep Music" option.
3. This will keep all the music files on your music library after iCloud Music Library activation.
This is how to activate iCloud Music Library on Mac:
1. Open iTunes, and go to "Preferences"
2. Now, once the dialog box opens, navigate to "General". You will find the iCloud Music Library option. Simply turn it on.
3. Now tap "OK", and it's done!
This will activate syncing of your music library across these devices and you can now manage and get music on your Mac from iPhone whenever you are connected to Wi-Fi. And it completely depends on good Wi-Fi for transfer. So, this is how to transfer songs from iPhone to Mac using iCloud.
Overall, these are our top picks on how to move music from iPhone to Mac. All of the above methods come with some form of limitation such as continuous Wi-Fi support or storage restrictions etc. except Tenorshare iCareFone. It is built for a purpose and it beats every other method here in this article hands down. This it is our winner and we highly recommend you to go for this software.
Like this article? Do share and comment!