How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
Have you ever tried transferring music from iPhone to iTunes on your computer? Well, everybody loves to listen music and Apple users often purchase music or download music from iTunes store. Have you ever consider moving the songs from your iPhone to iTunes so that you can listen it in future or even move the songs back to iPhone in case you songs got deleted or you have reset your iPhone. Here,I will show you three methods on how to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library. I suggest you to read all the methods and use the best one that suits you.
- Part 1: Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes When USB Connected
- Part 2: Transfer Songs from iPhone to iTunes Wirelessly
- Part 3: Move Music from iPhone to iTunes with Third-Party Transfer Tool
Part 1: Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes When USB Connected
You can easily transfer purchased music from your iPhone to iTunes if your iPhone is connected using USB cable to the computer. It only supports music that are downloaded from iTunes store or Apple Music. The disadvantage of this methods is that, it doesn't support any 3rd party music app which means you won't get any music apart from what you get from iTunes store or Apple Music.
Step-by-step guide on how to transfer purchased songs from iPhone to iTunes:
1. Launch iTunes on your computer and go to Account >> Authorizations >> Authorize This Computer and then click on Authorize which will authorize your computer to play iTunes Store purchases.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer using USB cable.
3. A dialogue box will appear asking you to transfer the purchases to your computer, simply click on Transfer Purchases.If this doesn't happen then simply go to File >> Devices >> Transfer Purchases From iPhone.
Part 2: Transfer Songs from iPhone to iTunes Wirelessly
This is another way on how to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes Library. In this process you can easily access all your songs from iPhone to PC or Mac. All you need to do is turn on your iCloud Music Library on your iPhone as well as connect your iPhone with the Wi-Fi which will help you sync all the songs, albums or playlist to iTunes. Though this methods is easy but it is not that much reliable, the speed to download the songs is slow, some of the songs might be missing in this process and turning off iCloud media library will delete downloaded content.
Note: Make sure to sign-in with the same Apple ID that you use for your Apple Music Subscription.
Steps to turn on iCloud Music Library on iPhone:
1. Unlock your iPhone and go to settings then go to Music.
2. You will see iCloud Music Library, toggle it on (Turn it on).
3. Once you turn it on, you will be asked whether you want to keep the music that is on your deice and if you choose to keep Music then all the music from your iPhone will be addedto your iCloud Music Library.
4. If you choose 'Delete & Replace' then the music on your iPhone will be replaced with the content of iCloud Music Library.
Steps to turn on iCloud Music Library on computer:
5. (For Mac Users): Open your Mac and then choose iTunes >> Preferences, from the menu bar that you see on the top of your iTunes screen.
6. (For Windows Users): Open your Windows computer choose Edit >> Preferences, from the menu bar that you see on the top of the iTunes screen.
7. Click on General option and check box (turn on) iCloud Music Library then click OK.
8. When your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, all music will be uploaded to iTunes automatically. Just click the cloud icon for each songs to get them into your computer.
Part 3: Move Music from iPhone to iTunes with Third-Party Transfer Tool
Moving music from iPhone to iTunes using third party app is really a life-saving method. You won't have any restriction like you get when you transfer music using iTunes or iCloud. Tenorshare iCareFone is a wonderful tool that lets people to copy music from iPhone to iTunes with ease. This tool breaks same Apple ID restriction that you need to face in iCloud music library. You can easily transfer purchased and non-purchased music from iPhone to your PC/Mac, no need of Wi-Fi during music transfer and the best thing is that users can manually drag and drop music into iTunes after the transfer of music from iPhone to computer.
Step-by-step guide on how to transfer songs from iPhone to iTunes:
1. Download and install this transferring toll on your computer and connect your iPhone to computer.
2. iCareFone will automatically detect your iPhone, click on "File Manager" tab.
3. You will see many options under File Manager, click on "Music". All the music on your iPhone will be listed on the screen.
4. Select the music you want to send to your computer and click on "Export" button.
5. All the songs that you have selected will be stored on your computer and if you want to transfer music to iTunes then you can drag and drop it to iTunes.
Here, the first two methods don't give you much flexibility in terms of moving music from iPhone to iTunes whereas the third method is way better than the first two methods. You get a lot of benefit and flexibility to move music from iPhone to computer. So, it better to try the third method to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes free.