Effective Ways to Send Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
Text messages are one of the most important forms of communication in iOS or in any other OS. It helps to stay in contact with your friends and family. So, if somehow all of your text message data gets erased, you will get in a big problem. It has happened on iPhone and many users got scared as they did not know what to do. Fortunately, you can prevent it by transferring your text messages to other devices like your computer, for safe keeping. So, if you want to know how to transfer text messages from iPhone to computer, the answer is here in this article.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Computer with Third-party Tool
- Way 2: How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone to Computer
- Way 3: How to Sync Messages from iPhone to Mac
Way 1: How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Computer with Third-party Tool
It is substantially tough to transfer text messages from iPhone to computer, unless you opt for a third-party software. As the most common methods such as iTunes and iCloud back up your text messages as unreadable files on computer and have many restrictions.
Tenorshare iCareFone is the best alternative to these methods as the texts and messages it stores are fully readable and you can manage them freely. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows. Moreover, you can bulk transfer or opt for selective transfers as well. iCareFone allows you to transfer SMS attachments, iMessage videos and can also transfer any kind app messages from WhatsApp, Kik, Viber, Snapchat and many more. So, here is how to use this software right now.
1. First, download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer.
2. Now, launch it on your PC and connect your iPhone and PC via USB.
3. Find and tap on "Backup & Restore" from the main interface.
4. Simply select "Messages" and any other text related files from the list present and just click "Backup" to start proceedings.
5. Once the process ends, select the messages you want and tap on "Export to PC" to save the backup straight to your computer.
All your backup messages will be safely transferred to your computer now.
Way 2: How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone to Computer
iTunes is one of the most common apps used by many iPhone users around the globe. The app is provided by Apple for free along with all of its services. So, if you are looking to backup your iMessages on Cloud or store it on your Mac, iTunes is a viable option. Sadly when you are using iTunes to store backup you won't be able to select any particular data, you have to back up the whole device. And also keep in mind, that the backup is not readable at all and it won't be accessible. Nonetheless, this is how to transfer messages from iPhone to computer using iTunes:
1. Get the latest iTunes on your PC or update it.
2. Get a good quality USB cable and use it to connect your iPhone and Computer.
3. Your iPhone is supposed to be launch iTunes automatically, if it fails, you have to launch it manually.
4. After launching iTunes, go to Device icon and select the Summary tab.
5. Scroll down to find the "Backup" option
6. Select "This Computer" and tap on "Back Up Now".
Every data on your device including iMessages will be backed up on your computer.
Way 3: How to Sync Messages from iPhone to Mac
iMessage is Apple's own messaging service, available only on iOS devices. The app can be used to send texts, pictures, and videos in an instant. You can also sync iMessage with other iOS devices to backup text messages like from iPhone X/8/7/6/6S/5/5S/SE, Mac, iPad, Apple Watch. So, if you want to sync messages to your Mac, first you need to activate iMessage. The activation method is described below…
1. Run "Messages" on Mac.
2. You will be asked for your Apple ID and password, provide it.
3. If you have selected the two-factor authentication process, then you will be asked for the verification code, provide it.
4. Now, go to "Preferences" from Messages and then look for the "Accounts" tab.
5. Then you will be asked for your Email ID and mobile number.
6. After providing those you have to customize your iMessage account.
After customization, your account is ready to use.
Users can transfer texts from iPhone to computer as long as they are connected to Wi-Fi and are logged in with the same Apple ID for sending and receiving messages. One of the most appealing functions of the whole messaging service of Apple is the SMS forwarding option. If you do not have time to create a backup then you could just forward the message to your Mac and it will be stored there. The steps to set up SMS text forwarding on both iPhone and Mac are described below…
1. First, open "Settings" from your iPhone
2. Now scroll down and go to "Messages".
3. Now that you have enabled iMessage above, it is ready for SMS sharing. If not enable it now!
4. Now, scroll down again and hit "Text Message Forwarding"
5. Now, a list will open up consisting of all your devices associated with your Apple ID. Tap on your Mac to turn in "On"
6. A unique six-digit code will come up on Mac. And on your iPhone, a window will open up marked as Text Message Forwarding.
7. Simply enter the code from Mac to your iPhone windows and hit "Allow"
Now, wait for verification. After successful verification you will be able to forward text to Messages on Mac and everything will be synced together. Make sure that your Mac is running on OS X 10.1 or later and your iPhone is iOS 8 and later to transfer messages from iPhone to computer.
So, here are the 3 most effective ways on how to transfer texts from iPhone to computer. Our unbiased opinion would be to go for Tenorshare iCareFone so as to get rid of all the hassles of other methods listed here. iCareFone is direct, effective and most importantly very easy to use. Go for it!
If you like this article, do share and comment!!