Detailed Guide to Save Text Messages from iPhone to Computer
Text messages have become a very important part of our lives. What if one day you find all your text messages and conversations gone and you do not know what to do? Unfortunately, many of the iPhone users have suffered this ill-fated conclusion and since there is no way to get them back the only thing you can do is prevention. You can easily save text messages from your iPhone to your computer or backup your whole iPhone data on a daily basis. If you want to know how to save text messages from iPhone to computer, follow this article.
- Part 1: How to Save Text Messages from iPhone to PC
- Part 2: How to Connect iMessage from iPhone to Mac
- Part 3: Best Way to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Computer
Part 1: How to Save Text Messages from iPhone to PC
If you want to backup your texts, iTunes is a feasible option. Although iTunes will not only backup your texts but also the entire data like photos, videos, contacts etc. If you want to access your texts from the backup files, unfortunately, it won't be possible as the backup file is highly encrypted due to security reasons and thus it is not readable too. We recommend to backup data regularly in case of any data loss. The steps on how to save text message from iPhone to computer using iTunes are mentioned below…
1. Connect your iPhone X/8/7/6/6S/5/5S/SE etc with your computer with an USB cable.
2. iTunes should be launched automatically, if it does not, launch it manually.
3. Click on the device tab and go to Summary.
4. Find the Backup option and select "Back Up Now" to computer.
5. Everything including your text messages will be backed up on your computer.
Open "Devices" inside "iTunes Preferences" to see your backups.
Part 2: How to Connect iMessage from iPhone to Mac
iMessage is Apple's instant messaging service and is bigger than any other messaging service. You can literally send text, videos, pictures and any kind of data to other iOS devices. You can also sync it with other Apple devices for backup or other purposes. iMessage is available on every Apple device like iPhone, iPad, Mac and even Apple Watch. But when it comes to saving text messages, users can save text messages from iPhone to computer only if, they are logged in with the same Apple ID under Wi-Fi. But to do that you need to first setup iMessage.
Here's how to activate iMessage on Mac:
1. Open your Mac and run Messages.
2. Enter your Apple ID and Password, if you are using the two factor authentication process then also provide the verification code.
3. Go to Messages and go to Accounts Tab through Preferences.
4. Now, they will ask for your mobile number and email address
5. Now, you are setting up your iMessage account, so customize it and select what kind of information you want on the profile.
The account is set, now you can use iMessage on your Mac. The next thing to do is to set up the SMS or MMS forwarding function. The steps to set up SMS text forwarding on both iPhone and Mac are as follows:
1. Open "Settings" on iPhone
2. Simply scroll down and go to "Messages".
3. Now, enable the "Text Message Forwarding" option.
4. Select your Mac, when a device listed opens up.
5. A six-digit code will open up on your Mac.
6. An alert window will also open up on your iPhone.
7. Put in the code carefully from your Mac to iPhone and tap on "Allow".
8. After this verification, you will have a successful set up of iMessage and Text Forwarding.
Now, you will be able to forward text messages to Mac easily and will also be able to see text messages that come to your iPhone on Mac as well. Note that previous messages won'y sync to your Mac, but you can still manually forward it to your account. Just select the message(s) you want to transfer and long press it, you will see the forward icon on the lower right corner.
Part 3: Best Way to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Computer
Going by the shortcomings of the above methods, you should know that it is hard to save messages from iPhone to computer without going for a third party software like Tenorshare iCareFone. It is a professional transfer program which equals as a File Manager as well. Here are the advantages of using Tenorshare iCareFone over other methods:
- Bulk and selective transfer of messages.
- Messages will be readable after backup. Unlike in both iTunes, backups are not readable.
- Transfer SMS attachments like iMessage animoji videos.
- Transfer app messages like WhatsApp messages, Kik, Viber, iMessage etc.
Here's how to use its Backup and Restore feature:
1. Download, install and run Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer. Go for Windows or Mac as per the required OS.
2. Now, connect your PC and iPhone using a USB cable.
3. Click "Backup & Restore" from the list of options
4. Choose "Messages" from the checkbox present and tap "Backup" to start the backup process.
5. After it ends, choose the text messages you need and simply tap "Export to PC" to save that backup on your PC.
Now, all your text backup will be sent to your PC without any issues and this how to save text messages from iPhone to PC using iMessage!
So, in this article, we have compiled everything you need on how to save messages from iPhone to computer. These methods are applicable for Windows and Mac computers and can eventually save you from text or data loss. We would highly recommend you to go for Tenorshare iCareFone in the first place itself, as it is by far the best method listed in this article. The features are unique and very effective as well. Go for it!
If you like this article, do share and comment!!