How to Download Music from Spotify 2014
Recently, Spotify, one of the most popular music streaming services, stopped offering the possibility to download music tracks locally. Even premium users can no longer download any music to make songs available offline. It isn't a good news for those who travel a lost by subway, airplane or find yourself in situations without Internet service.
Fortunately, there are some methods that let you to legally download music from Spotify as long as you never share these songs with others or use them commercially. Besides these free methods for music downloading, there's also a great audio recorder called iGetting Audio which enables you to capture any online audios without any quality loss.
iGetting Audio also can convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, WMA, M4R, OGG, WAV, APE, and FLAC.
Top 3 Spotify Music Downloader Tools for Windows & Mac
1. Spotify Recorder
Spotify Recorder is free Spotify Music Downloader software that helps you save tracks from Spotify for playing them offline. It records the Spotify music directly from the soundcard and adds the track and artist information. No Spotify Premium account is required. It works in Windows 7 and lower.
Spotydl is a famous program that allows you to download all your Spotify songs in MP3 format (for free) and save them on your Windows computer. It has corresponding version for Mac users and let you download music from Spotify on Mac OS X 10.8, 10.7.
3. Download Spotify songs with Chrome Extension
Spotify has launched the web-based interface it introduced last year. It makes it easily to permanently download free music currently available from Spotify with a Chrome extension named Downloadify. By simply installing the extension-freely available in Chrome Web Store – and starting to play a song, you will download a full, DRM-free MP3 file of the track.
Bonus Tips: How to Download Spotify Music to iTunes/iPhone/iPod/iPad
To sync music from Spotify to your iTunes and then play on iPod, iPhone or iPad, follow these steps, here we take iPod for example.
- Step 1: Quite iTunes if it's running, since both iTunes and Spotify may cause conflicts.
- Step 2: Open Spotify, and plug your iPod into your computer. It should appear below Devices in your Spotify window's left sidebar. The first time you connect your iPod to Spotify, you'll be asked if you want to erase your iPod and sync it with Spotify. In subsequent syncs, you aren't asked to do this again as long as you continue using Spotify for your syncs.
- Step 3: Click "Erase iPod & Sync with Spotify", if it appears in the Spotify window.
- Step 4: After Spotify erases your iPod, two options appear at the top of the page: Sync All Music to This iPod and Manually Choose Playlists to Sync. Select the former.
- Step 5: The iPod automatically starts syncing all your music. Additionally, Spotify syncs your playlists, starred tracks and so on — but only tracks you've already bought are actually copied over.
- Step 6: When the arrows next to your iPod stop and turn into an Eject button, the sync is complete. Safely remove your iPod after the sync is complete by clicking the Eject button that appears next to your iPod.
Make the most out of Spotify to download music from Spotify to play on computer or iPod, iPod and iPad by following the idea on this article.