The Best MKV Converter for Mac/Windows You Must Have
What is MKV File?
An MKV file is an audio and video container that can support various audio, video and subtitle compression formats. MKV files usually have a menu system slightly similar to a DVD menu, tools and libraries that allow developers to add MKV support to their applications, an audio/video cross-platform in a multimedia container format and streaming facilities over the internet. There are mainly four video compression standards contained in MKV, namely MP4, XviD, DivX, H.264, each of which has their own advantages and disadvantages.
Why need MKV Video Converter?
Maybe you have many MOV, FLV, AVI, WMV files on your hard drive, including some MTS from HD camera. And you need to convert them to MKV file for convenient storage, for HD quality playback or for other reasons. In that case, a professional yet easy to use MKV convert for Mac/Windows is necessary for you. Here recommend two pieces of best MKV converter -- Video Converter for Mac and Video Converter for Windows. They enable you to convert video to MKV format for both Mac users and Windows users, vice versa.
How to Convert Video to MKV with Video Converter for Mac/Windows?
As for Mac users, turn to the following tutorials for MKV converter for Mac by the best Video Converter for Mac. For Windows users, learn how to convert MKV in Windows 8/7/XP/Vista with Video Converter.
- Step 1. Load video files in AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, 3GP/3G2, M2TS, TS format by clicking "Files" to add video.
- Step 2. Click format combo box to select MKV as the output format.
- Step 3. Start to convert files. Click "Open" to choose an output folder. Then click "Convert".
More Scenarios to Perform MKV Converter for Mac/Windows
- 1. You can share and upload your MKV files on sharing websites like YouTube and Google. Just use MKV convert for Mac/Windows to convert MKV to FLV.
- 2. Allow you to enjoy MKV files on digital photo frames such as on Sony, Canon, Panasonic. Just convert MKV to MTS.
- 3. Play MKV videos on iPhone/iPad/iPod. Just convert them into M4V or MP4 format.