How to Restore iPad 4 from iTunes Backup on Mac
Situation 1: You checked the "Encrypt local backup", and set a password to iPad 4 backup file, but you forgot the backup password when you are about to restore iPad 4 from backup on Mac.
Situation 2: You deleted some beautiful photos on iPad with Retina display by mistake and want to restore from iTunes backup. However, iTunes can't recognize your iPad 4 no matter how many times you try.
Situation 3: You iPad 4 is water-damaged and the screen is totally black. You need to extract the contacts, text messages out of iPad 4 urgently.
The above are only the 3 most common situations for iPad data loss. Wonder how to restore iPad 4 from iTunes backup on Mac? To help you out I'd recommend you the top software that enjoys great popularity among iOS devices users: iTunes Data Recovery for Mac, an easy and efficient tool for iOS users to recover data from iTunes backup files on Mac OS including OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 and earlier.
How to restore iPad with Retina display from iTunes backup on Mac
Before you get started, make sure you have a recent iTunes backup of your iPad with Retina display on your Mac. And iTunes Data Recovery for Mac will then detect the backup after you start the program. If you haven't downloaded this software, you can download it now. Download iTunes Data Recovery if you are running Windows OS.
- First, find your iPad 4 backup file. What you should pay attention is that you don't need to connect your iPad with Mac when you restore iPad 4 from backup on MacBook (and other Mac computers).
- After one or two minute, all the contents in the backup will be extracted, including calendar, notes, photos, videos and contacts. You can preview them all in original quality and recover them all with zero quality loss.
- Then you can select a path to save the recovered contacts, photos, text messages, calendars, etc.
iTunes Data Recovery for Mac could restore iPad 4 from backup to Mac and save photos, videos and other media files in their original formats; save text files (text messages, calendars, notes, contacts, etc.) in .txt, .xls or .xml files. Contacts can also be saved as VCF/vCard file.
Extra: How to Prevent Data Loss from iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display)
Have you ever consider about feasible ways to prevent data loss from your iPad? As no one expects to lose data from their iPad, here are some tips you may need.
- A. Do back up your iPad on a regularly basis.
- B. Back up music, videos that you didn't purchase from the iTunes Store.
- C. Use iCloud to back up when you have good Wifi connection.
- D. Buy a cover for iPad to protect iPad 4 from damage.
- E. Put iPad to a safe place (for instance, away from water).
- F. Turn off websites or Bluetooth when you do not use, which will prevent data loss from virus attack.
With these tips and iTunes Data Recovery for Mac tool, you could now sit back and relax without worrying about losing data from your iPad 4.