How to Extract Contacts, Photos, SMS from iPhone 5S iTunes Backup to Mac
Curious about what files get copied when you backup your iPhone 5S using iTunes? Need to access certain backed-up databases of your iPhone 5S such as your contacts, voice memos or text messages. Whatever the case may be, iTunes will not allow you to extract files from iPhone 5S backup unless you have iTunes Data Recovery for Mac to help.
- A MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or other Mac computer available
- iTunes Data Recovery for Mac or iTunes Data Recovery (for Windows users)
- Previously backed up iPhone 5S with iTunes on Mac
How to Extract iPhone 5S Backup to Mac and Browse iPhone Contents
To view and extract iPhone 5S backup to Mac, you should first get a copy of iTunes Data Recovery for Mac. This software is fully compatible with all Mac OS X including the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8 Mountain Lion. Here are the simple steps to extract files from iPhone 5S backup on Mac OS.
- 1) Install and run iTunes Data Recovery for Mac on a Mac computer
- 2) Select iPhone 5S backup on the iTunes backup list. The program automatically detects all the iTunes backup files that are on your Mac and show them on a list.
- 3) Extract iPhone 5S backup files to Mac computer. You can then preview the extracted contacts, photos, SMS, notes, etc. and export them in a .txt, .xls or .xml file. Contacts could be saved as a VCF file. Media files (pictures, audios, videos) will be saved in their original formats.
Extra: iPhone 5S is Running Out of Storage, How to Free up Space?
The high-res camera on the iPhone 5S is a blessing and a curse, as when it comes to storage issues videos and photos usually take up much space. To free up space on iPhone 5S, you should first transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Mac for future use. Then you could go forth and clean up iPhone memory.