How to Extract iPhone 4S Photos, SMS, Contacts from iTunes Backup to Mac
iOS 7.1 made you lost contacts on iPhone 4S? You can extract iPhone 4S backup to Mac and recover all the lost contacts, text messages, calendars, reminders, etc. This could help you restore lost iPhone 4S files in various situations including:
- 1. iPhone 4S data are wiped off after jailbreak
- 2. iPhone 4S is water damaged
- 3. iPhone 4S fell down to the ground and get a broken screen
- 4. You deleted important text messages or other files on iPhone 4S by mistake
- 5. iPhone 4S is lost/stolen, or you just can't find it anywhere
How to Extract iPhone 4S Data from iTunes Backup to Mac and Browse iPhone Contents
In order to extract files from iPhone 4S backup to Mac, you need to have a tool which works like an iPhone backup extractor. If you don't have one in mind, we suggest you try iTunes Data Recovery for Mac . It works excellent for all Mac OS X including the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8 Mountain Lion. Download and install iTunes Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac and use the guide for reference.
- 1: When you launch the program on your computer, you'll get the window as following picture shows. Here all iTunes backup files for your iOS devices will be listed automatically. Choose the one for your iPhone 4S and click "Start Scan" to extract the backup file.
- 2: After the extracting, all data inside the backup will be displayed in organized categories like Camera Roll, Contacts, Messages, etc. You can click any of them to preview detailed contents. Then mark those you want to save on your computer and click "Recover". Then you can successfully extract iPhone 4S backup files to Mac.
The extracted media files (photos, videos and voice memos) will be saved in their original formats. Text files like messages, notes, reminders, etc. can be saved in a .txt, .xls or .xml file.
Guess you will never worry about iOS 7.1 update make you lose data from iPhone, as you've learnt how to extract iPhone 4S backup on Mac. If you have better ideas for extracting iPhone 4S backup, just let us know by leaving a comment.
Moreover, if you want to extract photos, videos, text messages and more from iCloud backup instead of iTunes backup, you could try iPhone Data Recovery for Mac or iPhone Data Recovery (the Windows version).