How to Extract Contacts, Photos, Text Messages from iPod touch 5 Backup to Mac OS X
I lost my iPod touch 5G and not sure whether to replace it with a new one. If I choose not to, is there a way to extract contacts (and possibly other data) out of the backup so that I could load them somehow (even if only manually) onto my new device?
You might need to extract contents from iPod touch 5G backup to Mac for various reasons like device is lost/broken and want to have the backup contents on your Mac as a backup, which is something that iTunes can't do. In this event, you'll need an iPod touch 5G backup extractor (Mac) (officially named iTunes Data Recovery for Mac), a simple application for Mac users to extract iTunes backup and restore lost contacts, photos, text messages, etc.
iPod touch 5 backup extractor for Mac: Extract iPod touch 5 backup on Mac
iPod touch 5 backup extractor for Mac OS X provides the most time-saving and effortless way to recover lost files on iPod touch 5. It enables you to extract 11 kinds of files from iTunes backup. Check the chart below to see what types of files it supports to extract.
|Safari Bookmarks||Reminders||Call History|
Besides, there are other merits of this utility that you don't want to miss.
- 1) Automatically detect the iTunes backup file of your iPod touch 5 to extract contents from
- 2) Restore calendar events, contacts, photos, videos, SMS, notes etc. from iTunes backup files
- 3) Run the program without opening iTunes or connecting your iOS device
- 4) Preview contacts, photos, notes, text messages, etc. before you extract them to computer
How to extract iPod touch 5 backup on Mac OS
Download the iPod touch 5 backup extractor for Mac tool (or what is called iTunes Data Recovery for Mac), to your computer running Mac OS X (including 10.11, 10.10,10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 and earlier versions) and follow the steps below to extract iPod touch 5 from backup on Mac OS.
1) Install the software to your Mac and start it. All iOS 10/9/8/7 device backup files will be detected by the program and listed on the main screen. Choose your iPod touch 5 backup and click "Start Scan".Important Note: Don't connect and sync your iPod touch 5 with iTunes when you start to restore data for iPod touch 5.
- 2) After a few seconds, all files will be listed in different categories on the left. You can click different category to preview files. Then you just hit on the "Recover" button to save them to your Mac computer.
With just 2 steps, you can easily extract contents in iPod touch 5 backup to your computer. When using iPod touch a lot more could happen besides data loss. And you'll need to put iPod touch into recovery mode, factory reset iPod touch, etc. to fix these issues. Just check for details if you need these troubleshooting tips.