6 Free Ways to Fix iPhone not Showing Up in iTunes
"Updated to iOS 10.3 and now when I connect my iPhone 6s to computer, iTunes cannot detect the device. I am unable to back up and manage the items in my iPhone. Who can tell me how to fix iTunes not detecting iPhone?".
Many users have updated their iPhone to iOS 10.3 since it is available this March. However, just like the other iOS versions, there are still many bugs need to improve. iPhone not showing up in iTunes is just one of them. Bad connectivity, iTunes corrupted files and iOS system error can all be the reasons for this issue. Luckily, we've tested this problem and gathered the possible solutions below to fix iTunes doesn't recognize iPhone on Windows 10/8/7 with ease.
1. Conectivity Test
Your iPhone will not be detected by iTunes due to failure of connections. Check USB cable, USB port of iPhone and your computer. You should check if the USB cable is free of debris and not damaged. If you have another USB cable, test with that cable to see whether iPhone could be detected by computer. And you could connect iPhone to another computer to see if the USB port of your computer is OK.
2. Restart Everything
Whenever iPhone is not detected in iTunes on Windows or Mac, try to restart iTunes, iPhone and computer. After rebooting, open iTunes and connect iPhone again to see if the issue is gone.
3. Update iTunes to The Latest
If your iTunes is outdated, you could also have the computer not recognizing iPhone problem. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. To check for available updates of iTunes on Windows, you should head to Help > Check for Updates. On Mac, go to iTunes > Check for Updates.
4. Update Driver Software
Sometimes iPhone connected but not showing up in iTunes can be caused by the driver software, update driver software will fix this issue.
- Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager
- Right Click Apple Mobile Device USB Drive -> Update Driver Software
- Restart computer and connect iPhone to computer, open iTunes to check if iPhone can be recognized or not.
5. Fix iPhone Not Showing Up in iTunes with Free Tenorshare TunesCare
If iTunes still not recognizing iPhone after trying the methods above, you can try the professional iTunes repairing tool - Free Tenorshare TunesCare. This software focuses on fixing all kinds of iTunes syncing problems as well as iTunes errors. Free download this program and make iTunes recognize iPhone normally.
- Connect iPhone to computer and run Tenorshare TunesCare, after detecting the device, click "Fix iTunes Sync Problems" on the interface. If your devices cannot be detected, click "Fix All iTunes Issues" to repair iTunes.
- Tenorshare TunesCare will start to repair the corrupted iTunes library automatically. After the repairing process, open iTunes and it will recognize your device as normal
6. Fix iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone By Entering and Exiting Recovery Mode
Sometimes when iPhone won't show up in iTunes, all you need to do is putting iPhone into recovery mode and then exit. With Free Tenorshare ReiBoot , you can enter iPhone into recovery mode and then exit with only one click.
- Download this software and install in your computer, connect iPhone to computer and run Tenorshare ReiBoot. The program will detect your device automatically. Click "Enter Recovery Mode".
- After a while, iPhone will enter recovery mode successfully. Click "Exit Recovery Mode" to bring your device back to normal.
Done! Next time when iPhone doesn't show up in iTunes, just feel free to try the solutions above. If you still have questions about this issue, contact us by commenting below.