2 Easy Methods to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
iPhone users could take wonderful videos with the built-in camera on iPhone or watch downloaded videos on iPhone. You love those videos and want to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac? The following tips might give you some insight on how to make this happen.
You will be guided through the steps of using iPhotos and iPhone Data Recovery for Mac tool to transfer videos from iPhone to Macbook. With the later you can transfer videos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly.
Method 1: Import iPhone Videos to Mac Using iPhoto
If you have iPhoto installed on Mac, you can use iPhoto to import videos from iPhone to Mac.
- 1. Connect iPhone to Mac. iPhoto should automatically launch into its import window with your iPhone's images and videos listed.
Note: If iPhoto does not automatically open, you may wish to enable the behavior.
- 2. Click Import All. If you want only some of your images imported, select the images and videos you would like to import into iPhoto, and then click the Import Selected button.
- 3. When the photos finish importing, you will be presented with a dialog asking whether you'd like to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll. Click Delete Photos.
Method 2: Transfer iPhone Videos to Mac with iPhone Data Recovery for Mac
If you do not want to use iPhotos to transfer videos, you could use another tool called iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, which can help to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes. Moreover, with this tool you are also allowed to transfer other iPhone contents like contacts, photos, text messages and more to Mac. You can download this tool from Tenorshare and have a try. If you're running Windows, download iPhone Data Recovery instead.
To be added you can also try to use iPhone 5 Data Transfer (for Windows users) to transfer files from iPhone to computer. This professional iOS transfer utility allows you to transfer data between iOS devices or between iOS devices and iTunes as well.
- 1. Connect iPhone to Mac and open iPhone Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac.
- 2. Select "Recover Data from iOS Devices" and tap "Start Scan" to scan iPhone.
- 3. When the scanning finishes, you'll be presented with all transferrable videos along with other files which are listed by category. Preview and select the videos and then click "Recover" to copy iPhone videos to Mac.
iPhone Data Recovery for Mac VS iPhoto
Both iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and iPhoto could help to transfer iPhone videos to Mac easily. You should also know that iPhone Data Recovery for Mac could help you transfer videos from iPhone to Mac even when your iPhone is stolen or damaged, which is a great advantage over iPhoto. To achieve this, you just need to make sure you have backed up iPhone on Mac and choose the "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" mode of iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. The rest steps are quite the same as the above.
This post details you 2 simple methods on how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac. If you want to know more tips on iPhone videos, maybe you'll also be interested in the post how to share videos from iPhone.