2 Ways to Transfer iPhone Text Messages to Mac
Syncing messages from iPhone to Mac is one of the way to back-up your messages on your computer and use them in future whenever you need them. Piling up the messages on your iPhone can eat up some good amount of space and even your messaging app will look clutter. Now when it comes to, how to connect iPhone messages to Mac, most of the people won’t be knowing the easy way to sync the messages. Here, I will show you 2 easy ways to sync messages from iPhone to Mac. Just make sure to go through both the methods and use the best one for you.
The simple and easiest way to get iPhone messages on Mac is using Tenorshare iCareFone. iCareFone is an amazing tools that lets you transfer messages from iPhone to Mac just in clicks without any problem. It has many more advantages apart from moving messages to Mac. It supports both Windows as well as Mac. One can easily transfer desired messages in bulk or selectively. Messages are in readable format even after the backup. It allows transferring SMS attachments and iMessage videos at the same time and also transfer app messages from WhatsApp, Kik, Viber and so on.
Procedure on how to save text messages from iPhone to Mac:
Note: Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac.
1. First, connect your iPhone to Mac via USB cord and then launch iCareFone on your Mac. Click on “Backup & Restore” from the main screen.
2. You will see many options under Backup & Restore, tick (select) the options that you want to back-up on your Mac. Once you finish selecting, click on “Backup” to start the process.
3. The process may take a little while. Once it is completed you can preview the messages and choose those messages that you need, then click on “Export to Computer” button.
4. All the selected messages will be saved on your Mac and you can use according to your need.
Users can forward messages from iPhone to Mac as long as they are logged in with same Apple ID for sending as well as receiving messages. This is also one of the process to connect iPhone messages to Mac but it is difficult as compared to the first one, though knowing this process can always be beneficial.
How to set-up iMessages on Mac:
1. First you need to launch Messages app from your dock, Application folder, Launchpad or desktop.
2. A pop up window will appear, just enter your Apple ID and password then click on “Sign-in” button. (In case you have set two-step or two-factor authentication for Apple ID then enter correct verification code.
3. Now click on Messages option that you can see on the top of the menu bar and then click on Preferences.
4. Select “Accounts” tab >> Select phone number and email address that you want to receive the messages.
5. Select which phone number or email address you want to show to people when beginning a new conversation.
How to Forward Messages to Mac
Now let us see how to enable text messages forwarding on iPhone and similarly how to forward messages on Messages App as well as receive it on Mac. Let’s get started.
1. First go to Settings >> Messages >> Send & Receive.
2. Then click on “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”, enter your Apple ID and password.
3. After that select an email address to link with your Apple ID and click on Next.
4. Now again go to settings >> Messages >> Tap on Message Forwarding.
5. Finally you will get a verification code >> Enter the code to verify your iPhone.
After we know how to enable text messages forwarding on iPhone, now let’s move on how to forward message on Messages App as well as receive it on Mac.
1. First click compose button (If you can’t see Messages window then go to file >> New Message or even you can press Command + N).
2. Start tying a name in “To” section. (If you have added the contact on your app then you will be able to see the name as your start typing).
3. Now type your messages in the chat section at the bottom of the screen and press Return to send it.
4. Also, if you receive any messages, you will be able to see on the same Messages App.
So, these are the 2 easy ways on how to sync text messages from iPhone to Mac. Tenorshare iCareFone works smoothly without any disturbance during the process. It is a two way transfer: iOS devices to computer and vice versa. You can use this tool anytime, anywhere. It also supports iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s and other earlier models. This tool is highly recommended.
Let us know what you think about this tool which sync messages from iPhone to Mac as well as if you have any question related to this topic, comment down below.