3 Different Ways to Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac
Got some great photos and want to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac? Actually this can be done in more than one way and this article will tell you 3 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes.
To get started you will need your iPhone, USB cable, and a computer to plug the device into.
I. Import iPhone Photos to Mac Using Image Capture
Your Mac will treat your device as a digital camera if you transfer images from iPhone to Mac using image capture.
- 1. Open Image Capture from the /Applications/ directory (or through Launchpad)
- 2. Connect iPhone to the Mac through USB
- 3. Select a folder from the menu (default is Pictures folder) and then click "Import All". Or you can select individual photos, and click "Import" to only copy those pictures.
You can also transfer pictures to your Mac with iPhoto or Preview, which is just as simple and actually has a virtually identical interface for initiating the transfer. Here is how to import with Preview.
II. Copy iPhone Photos to Mac with Preview
Preview is used as an image viewer, but it can also serve as a fast image importer. Here is how to transfer images from iPhone to Mac with Preview.
- 1. Plug your iPhone into your Mac and launch Preview
- 2. From the File menu navigate down and select "Import from iPhone…"
- 3. Select "Import All" to get all the pictures, otherwise individually select pictures and click 'Import'
With all these done, you can now look in your ~/Pictures/ folder for the photos from your iPhone.
III. Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac with iPhone Data Recovery for Mac
iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is a professional tool that could help you transfer iPhone camera roll to Mac. Even the photos are deleted you still have a chance to transfer them to Mac with this tool. Step to use is quite simple.
- 1. Connect your iPhone to Mac and launch iPhone Data Recovery for Mac.
- 2. Scan iPhone for photos you want to transfer.
- 3. Preview, select photos and transfer pictures from iPhone to Mac.
You could select any of the methods above to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Besides, if you are intended to transfer to Mac other iPhone contents such as contacts, text messages, call history, notes and more, you can leave all these staff to iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. It will quickly copy all these files from your iPhone to Mac in just a few minutes.
Finally you can also try to use iPhone 5 Data Transfer (for Windows users only) to transfer files from iPhone to computer. This professional iOS transfer utility allows you to transfer data between iOS devices or between iOS devices and iTunes as well.